Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General What do you like about the new 2.0? What don't you like? let us know!

Old 09-30-2002, 05:14 AM   #1
B|unted

Default weird FTP listing problem after WinXP reinstallation!

lo m8s

gotta strange prob with FFXP RC2. i was forced to reinstall my OS due to my girlfriend totally ****ed it up (i won't go into further details - though it's damn funny )

first of all i gotta say that i use FFXP for years now - and never had any problems with this marvellous piece of software. since this night ....
reinstallation of winxp was fine - no trouble at all. but after reinstalling FFXP RC2 i had serious problems connecting to ftp sites. the connection process is fine ... but when the soft tries to list the dir it stucks:
Quote:
[...]
230 User logged in, proceed.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
CWD /
250 Directory changed to /
PWD
257 "/" is current directory.
TYPE A
200 Type set to A.
PORT 21X,23X,12X,10X,17,146 |EDiTeD|
200 PORT Command successful.
LIST
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
[AFTER WAiTiNG 4 APPROX. 1 MINUTE FFXP CLOSES THE CONNECTION AUTOMATICALLY]
426 Data connection closed, transfer aborted
i can't connect to any ftp sites with the usual method. i tried to change some options and preferneces and realized, that FFXP will list the dir, if i switch to passive mode. that's really nice - but it's actually a major pain in the ass cuz lots of my sites won't allow passive connections at all! i can't connect to them anymore.
i reinstalled winxp very often - but never had these problems. i don't use a router/switch/hub/firewall whuteva ... so this can't be the error.

the funniest thing is, that if i try to connect with my laptop to the above mentioned FTP sites, i don't have any problems at all! there is no need to switch to passive mode or whateva... dir just lists as usual. my laptop OS is win2k btw. so i assume that this must be an conlfict with Windows XP.

i tried to search the board for familiar problems and found 1 thread in which a user has the same problem like me - but u guys weren't able to help him out at all.... hopefully u got some solutions cuz i want to keep using FFXP.. it's simply the best client available - props out 2 u guys anyway

ThX 4 all help in advance - and sry 4 any mistakes ... english isn't my native language
Old 09-30-2002, 06:17 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

upgrade to latest RC3.
no support is provided for RC2.
disable xp's firewall.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:18 AM   #3
B|unted

i'll try that. thnx.
xp firewall is already disabled.
strange that RC2 worked be4 reinstallation of WinXP though!

Tags
connection, ffxp, ftp, problems, sites