Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Found a bug? Please let us know.

Old 10-02-2002, 02:53 PM   #1
JCDinPGH
FlashFXP Registered User

Default FFXP won't save/load queues

I'm currently using FFXP v2.0 Build 880 but this has been happening for the last few builds also. I'm not entirely sure it's a bug in the program but I'm hoping someone might have an idea how to fix it or what else might be interfering with it. I can't load or save queues at all. I try to either load/save and it gives no error but also, nothing happens. Flashfxp appears to be saving the crash recovery queue though as I can see those .fqf files in the directory. I just can't seem to load any exisiting queue files or save a new one. Anyone have any idea what could be blocking this from happening? I haven't changed anything on my system in quite awhile.
Thanks,
J.
Old 10-02-2002, 03:41 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Hmm I'm not sure, it works fine for me. Make sure you're using a valid copy of FlashFXP.
Old 10-02-2002, 04:41 PM   #3
JCDinPGH
FlashFXP Registered User

I do have a legit registered version. What's weird is that it works on one computer but doesn't on another and I have no idea what could be causing it. Both machines are running WinXP SP1. Some other piece of software must be interfering with it saving/loading but I wouldn't even know where to begin to guess which one. I'll see what I can do. Very strange.
J.
Old 10-02-2002, 04:48 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

You might press ALT+ \ in the main window and compare the results. they should match if not there's a problem with your FlashFXP exe.
The correct value for build 880 is 02B2DC43B384B4059B8D14AA0DD29BA9
If your result doesn't match then you need to re-download FlashFXP from our website.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:48 AM   #5
JCDinPGH
FlashFXP Registered User

The results match. Thanks for your help. I'm pretty sure the problem isn't flasfxp in itself and something else is interfering. If you have any other ideas, that would be great, but don't worry about it too much as my other copy on my work computer works just fine.
How weird!
J.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:37 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

That is odd...

Can you please enter your FlashFXP ID. Your FlashFXP ID is located in the about box. Update your profile here.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:18 AM   #7
JCDinPGH
FlashFXP Registered User

Alright. This is gettings even more frustrating. I tried completely uninstalling Flashfxp and removing any/all registry entries and then reinstalled v1.43 and my registration info and it still wouldn't save/load queues and then 2.0RC3 over top of that but it still wouldn't save/load queues. So then at least I knew it wasn't version specific.
Then, I figured maybe I tweaked something in my XP system that was interfering with Flashfxp so I started doing System Restores which I did to over 1 month ago when I know that the save/load queue function was working correctly. Still this solved nothing. I'm at a complete loss. Is it possible that it's preventing me from saving/loading queues because my registration info is screwed up somehow? It seems to load with no problem and when I do help->about, the registration looks ok. I just can't imagine what else could be wrong. Is there a debug command I can enter to try and get more information about what's going on (or not going on) in the background?
at my wits end,
John
Old 10-08-2002, 12:22 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

You stated you can't load any existing queue's, can you make and save new ones?

If there was something wrong with your registration key FlashFXP would not appear registered. I tested your key and it's working correctly for me.

I'm really puzzled- I have no explaination for this type of behavior.

There is no debug information apart from what's already provided by FlashFXP.. You might check for a debug.log in your FlashFXP folder.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:42 PM   #9
JCDinPGH
FlashFXP Registered User

Nope. I can't create new queues or load existing ones at all. Neither actually give me an error and saving looks like it should hav done it, but the file is nevber created. I checked local permissions in the save directory just in case but everything looks as it should.
John
Old 10-08-2002, 01:14 PM   #10
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I have attached a sample queue file, Can you please try and load it into FlashFXP.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sample.zip (288 Bytes, 146 views)
Old 10-08-2002, 01:23 PM   #11
JCDinPGH
FlashFXP Registered User

I DLed and copied into my FLASHFXP directory and tried to load it but it doesn't load. Still no error or anything.
John
Old 10-08-2002, 03:20 PM   #12
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I sent you a private message w/ url to d/l a special build of FlashFXP. I look forward to hearing from you.

If you'd like to speed up this process you can contact me directly at support@flashfxp.com
Old 10-08-2002, 04:23 PM   #13
JCDinPGH
FlashFXP Registered User

I installed that new build and it has the same problem. There was no error generated. I really don't think the problem is flashfxp but something else that is interfering with it, as even installing v1.43 had the same problem. I just can't figure out what is stopping it from loading fqf files.One thing I did notice is that when I switch to local view, it hangs sometimes and never recovers. This appears to happen on all versions also. I just hadn't tried local view since I was trying to get queues to work. I've tried uninstalling every piece of software that I installed over the last month which is long before it stopped working, and that still didn't solve it. I don't want you to spend too much time on something that is quite probably not your problem.
Thanks for your help,
John
Old 10-08-2002, 05:35 PM   #14
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

That's very possible.

I'm afraid you may have to reinstall windows. Unless you can pin-point the conflicting problem.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:20 PM   #15
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

try booting to safe mode and see if flashfxp will work there

Tags
files, idea, load, queue, save