Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 04-23-2005, 06:55 PM   #31
alimax
FlashFXP Registered User

to remove the hotfix go to Control Panel and select Add/Remove programs, tick the box that says Show Updates and scroll down to the Windows installations, you will find the hotfix there with the option to remove it....good luck!

As I mentioned though, my auto updates keep trying to install it and sometimes if I leave my PC on it gets installed and I have to uninstall it again and keep doing this UNTIL Flash FXP support can work out what is going on here as I don't want to turn off auto updates (perhaps one of the best things about XP)
Old 04-23-2005, 07:50 PM   #32
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

At the current time we do not see any incompatiblities between this hotfix and FlashFXP. We are very surprised by the incompatiblies that have been reported and so far we haven't been able to reproduce problem on any of our XP machines.

We are still researching the issue and will post any info we find.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:04 AM   #33
alimax
FlashFXP Registered User

I know how you can replicate it - buy a Dell Dimension 5000 and install Flash FXP, that's how I replicated it! Who knows what MTU TCP regedit etc fiddling has occured on your XP machines!! My DELL was straight out of the box turned on and the first app I installed (apart from my Netgear adapter) was Flash FXP - didn't work, went to add/remove progs found the hotfix uninstalled it and it worked... it's a nobrainer for me given it is exactly the same on my other PC (Advent AMD Athlon 2100)! There MUST be some regedit tweaking to do - I know nothing about this though. I think you will see the number of complaints rise (as they are rising already) when users realise that this forum exists - who knows how many others are like me out there with broken clients.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:27 AM   #34
tennisball
FlashFXP Registered User

hey guys, just download drtcp, thats all i did

heres what i read

TCP Receive Window: This is where you set RWIN (RcvWindow). RWIN is the single most important tweak. Raising Rwin from default (8760 for Win95/98/98SE/NT and 17520 for WinME/2K/XP), can greatly improve download speeds. Why? Here is my kindergarten analogy: Default RWIN for broadband, is like having a tiny straw in a thick milk shake, only so much can get through the straw (line), so fast. By putting a larger straw (higher RWIN) in that same thick shake, you allow more shake (data) to come through faster, to a point that is. After which, there is no more improvement, and shake (data) can start spilling all over (packet loss). So the key is, to find an RWIN that fits your line just right. This is blank before changing from default.

i set mine to 32768

this is the page

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/578

and the program can be downloaded here

http://www.dslreports.com/drtcp

change rwin setting and then reboot
see if it works

thats all i did and updated to the latest flashfxp and it all works again
Old 04-24-2005, 05:27 AM   #35
tennisball
FlashFXP Registered User

and also adding that i have NOT removed the hotfix
Old 04-24-2005, 07:11 AM   #36
alimax
FlashFXP Registered User

hi tennisball

I did what you suggested and ran drtcp with a new RWIN (32768) and rebooted but this did not solve the problem! The problem I have is with UPLOADS so not sure if this would affect it anyway.....my downloads however are working fine and probably benefit from this tweak - so thanks anyway
Old 04-24-2005, 10:00 AM   #37
Ev!L ErN!E
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by alimax
hi tennisball

I did what you suggested and ran drtcp with a new RWIN (32768) and rebooted but this did not solve the problem! The problem I have is with UPLOADS so not sure if this would affect it anyway.....my downloads however are working fine and probably benefit from this tweak - so thanks anyway

exactly the same... tried this and didnt work, I also have no problems with my downloads, its the uploads that dont work.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:51 AM   #38
tennisball
FlashFXP Registered User

wierd, i only had problems with uploads too

but all i did was the above and it worked for me, check your mtu settings too, i changed mine to 1478

once i rebooted all was fine for me.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:21 AM   #39
Acecool
FlashFXP Registered User

Hi, it usually hangs if you are uploading at full speed already - or your network card has a problem..

Have not experienced any other types of upload problems other than that..
Old 05-01-2005, 02:38 PM   #40
alimax
FlashFXP Registered User

no it hangs on every upload at 16kb, if file is smaller it hangs at 100% forever - still have the same problem I am going to have to find another FTP client in order to allow this Windows update to occur, it is holding up subsequent updates by my not installing it.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:44 PM   #41
Acecool
FlashFXP Registered User

Are you on a router?

Try redownloading 3.02 and reinstalling..
Old 05-02-2005, 03:35 AM   #42
alimax
FlashFXP Registered User

hi acecool

if you read the thread you will see that the problem relates to a windows hotfix, yes I am on a wireless router that has worked fine up until the hotfix - if I uninstall the hotfix (it is uninstalled now) FlashFXP works fine again - I currently have windows nagging me all the time to install the hotfix again and I would like to install it to resume auto updates on windows but it breaks FlashFXP so nothing to do with the router.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:50 AM   #43
mr.nato

Default Solution and more questions

I too had this problem, read the forum and found it was the windows hotifx doing it.. Then only thing i noticed i had in common was a netgear dg834g for the router. I have read that hotifx changes a lot of tcp/ip settings. it also seems to stop tools fixing the settings. Didnt matter what client i tried. Sometimes it would work sometimes it wouldnt.. on many different pcs.. It also effected dc client software.. all connected to same router One pc is hard wired to router other is wireless..

Remember the simple solution is remove hotfix 893066
and u cant fix it with drtcp or other tcp utilities
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=893066
It affected both my XP laptop and win 2K pc

Thankyou for the solution.. And I hope this helps anyone else having uploads hang. but everything else is ok.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:06 AM   #44
alimax
FlashFXP Registered User

hey mr nato glad it works for you but you will notice that you too are also unable to continue using auto updates for XP as this hotfix will keep being queued by Microsoft for you and installed unless you turn off auto updates and receive no further hotfixes for Windows! hardly ideal!!! I am still waiting for support to get around to discovering this problem for themselves and providing clear instructions on how to fix it for good so as to allow me to continue getting updates for XP.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:04 AM   #45
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by alimax
you turn off auto updates and receive no further hotfixes for Windows!
that's simply not true.
you can easily use windows update website and selectively download any/all hotfix you desire.
thanx to ms's retarded policy on releasing hotfixes once a month, it's not so hard to keep up to date.

Tags
16kb, file, files, flashfxp, hanging