Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:34 PM   #1
spoox

Default Can't disconnect external firewire hard drives while running FlashFXP

I have a few external drives connected to my computer via firewire (Maxtor drives), and I can never unmount these drives the clean way by using "unplug or eject hardware" whenever I have FlashFXP open.. EVEN if FlashFXP is working on a different drive, and doesn't have any queue entries related to the external drives..

By using a tool such as "Who Lock Me?" (url: http://www.dr-hoiby.com/WhoLockMe/index.php) on the root of the drive, FlashFXP is listed as having it ( x:\ ) open..

This is rather annoying, as I don't see this behaviour in any other applications..

HOWEVER:

I'm having theories about it being the drive combo boxes or something.. I tried switching both the left and right hand side to remote mode, but the drives are still locked.. But: If I then switch back to local mode again, I can unmount the drives and they do not appear as locked by FlashFXP any more...

???
Old 03-21-2005, 08:41 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

what build of flashfxp and what os?
Old 03-21-2005, 10:59 PM   #3
spoox

the one i'm running at the moment is 3.0 (build 1015), under windows 2000 sp4 (build 2195)...

i'll try upgrading to the latest flashfxp tomorrow and see how it performs.. i'm guessing it's the same unless this specific issue was addressed before..

Tags
drive, drives, external, flashfxp, open