Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 03-01-2005, 03:47 PM   #1
Greven
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Error when "On transfer Complete=Quit (no confirmation)

In the last 5 or so versions, betas and other I get an error message when the program auto-quits after download.
Since my OS is in swedish I'll try to translate the message shortly:

"The Intruction on "0x0262aaad" referred to memory on "0x02972138". Memory operation could not be performed. The following error was returned: The memory could not be "read"
Press OK to end program."

I currently use version 3.1.11 (build 1070) BETA, Windows XP, Unfortunately SP2.

Anyone got an idea?

/Henrik

edit: added OS info
Old 03-12-2005, 07:55 AM   #2
chotaire
FlashFXP Scripter

I use that feature regularly and I have never seen it on both US and localized DE versions of Windows XP. Can you try this on a different machine that runs the same localized version of Windows? Maybe that's not a FlashFXP problem but it has to do with your windows installation.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:06 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

From what we can determine this error is caused by an external application or dll. If the error were within FlashFXP then our error handler would allow us to catch it.

Since FlashFXP embeds a local explorer window for browsing your hard drive all 3rd party shell enhancments are also loaded into FlashFXP. It's quite possible that one of them is causing this error on exit.

Due to the nature of this error it is very difficult to pin-point it to a specific external application/dll conflict.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:18 AM   #4
Greven
FlashFXP Registered User

Mmm, I see now that other programs response in similar ways on this comp. I've read on some other forums that this could be related to the windows vitrual memory settings. I know, since I have 1gb of ram that I disabled disk caching. But now when i checked it once more it was enabled again.

Anyway, I can add that I have the Flashftp installation on a Secure Drive, that i have to unlock when i want to use it... The drive is made by Steganos Security Suite, AES encryption. I'll check if they maybe have som upgrade for me. As I see it know, it's possible that the problem first occured after last upgrade.

I'll get back... maybe

/H
Old 03-15-2005, 09:15 AM   #5
Greven
FlashFXP Registered User

Default bug located

OKay developers, i've located the bug.

When I reseted the security password the bug disappeared.

The password i had contained swedish letters, "ö" (o with two dots) and "ä" (a with two dots) and for some reason this creates this error.

$me throws the ball to developers...

/Henrik
Old 03-15-2005, 10:39 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I'm not entirely sure if this is the exact problem. I replaced my password with a password containing "ö" and "ä" and I was unable to reproduce the problem. The encryption routine fully supports all input characters as a password.

Did you change your security password or disable it?
Old 03-15-2005, 10:48 AM   #7
Greven
FlashFXP Registered User

I just disabled it. Now believe it or not, the fifth time i tried the error returned even with no password, damn.

Okay, the story goes on hehe...
Old 04-04-2005, 07:25 AM   #8
Greven
FlashFXP Registered User

Lightbulb

Okay, this might be the end of this thread.

I upgraded my Steganos Security Suite and after that made new tries with the error reported. The problems disappeared. No more error messages

This problem was related to that specific version of SSS. Halleluja

/H

Tags
download, error, memory, message, program