Old 01-27-2005, 09:49 AM   #1
Joker

Default Expand folder

When doing expand folder, and the folder is empty it shouldnt remove the folder from the queue.
Probably a design bug.

I think it shouldnt even remove it even if you have skip empty folder.

Using b1066
Old 01-27-2005, 09:59 AM   #2
Linkster
Administrator

Do you have empty folders checked in your skip list? if so, that is probably why
Old 01-27-2005, 10:11 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Actually this is by design. The folder will be removed regardless if it is empty or not. The only exception is if FlashFXP is unable to enter the folder then it is marked as failed.

I'm not quite sure I understand your logic that empty folders should not be removed.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:11 PM   #4
Joker

Linkster no it removes them nomatter what i have there.

The point was that I needed to expand all folders to remove files that was over a specific size. But I do also need to create empty directorys for everything to work. Such as directorys to where temp files/logs should be placed and so on. But was surpriced that flashfxp removed those even though I have it checked not to skip empty directorys.

Or perhaps you can add it to status window what directorys are being skipped such as it shows it on the files that are being skipped or when you have skip empty dirs.
for eg, Empty Folder: nameofdir
(maybe this would be a suggestion then)

That way it would also be possible for us to create the directorys manually. Plus it would give more info to us of what flashfxp is doing and what is being skipped.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:40 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

When expanding a folder the folder is not immediately created locally, the folder is not created until you actually do the transfer. The folder is created when you download a file to that location on your computer. If the folder was empty there is no file to download and create the folder.

In order for the Expand All Folders to work properly a folder cannot remain in the queue unless it's marked as failed. If the folder remained it would create an infinite loop. Also I think if the folder remained it might cause some confusion, Expand folder implies that the folder will be expanded and removed if successful.

Technically the folder is not skipped.

The folder is empty but i'm not sure if I can display an empty status message in the context of the "expand folder" feature.

I'll have to look into this.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:09 AM   #6
Joker

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
When expanding a folder the folder is not immediately created locally, the folder is not created until you actually do the transfer. The folder is created when you download a file to that location on your computer. If the folder was empty there is no file to download and create the folder.

In order for the Expand All Folders to work properly a folder cannot remain in the queue unless it's marked as failed. If the folder remained it would create an infinite loop. Also I think if the folder remained it might cause some confusion, Expand folder implies that the folder will be expanded and removed if successful.

Technically the folder is not skipped.

The folder is empty but i'm not sure if I can display an empty status message in the context of the "expand folder" feature.

I'll have to look into this.
ok i understand a bit better now.
It would however be great if you could add that.
Would make things more clear for us.

Tags
b1066, empty, expand, folder, remove