Nate1749

Default Site manager/History loses all data upon re-opening program

* FlashFXP v[3 ].[0].[2], build [1045], registered
* Win2K
* NAT/router [X ] Not sure
* Running firewall [X] Yes, Name [Not sure]
* Running Antivirus [X] Yes, Name [Not sure]
* Network: Corporate LAN

My problem is with the Site Manager. I have used FlashFXP at home and the site manager and history worked great, however, here at work it seems to forget everything once I close the program.

For instance, if I add a site to the site manager and then check to see if it's there in the quick connect pull-down, it is in fact there. However, once I quit the program and then re-open FlashFXP - the list is completly empty as if I've never entered a thing. I then entered in a site manually to connect to, connected to it, disconnected, and then checked to see if it was in the History pull-down and it was. However, after I exited the program and started it back up again, the entire history pull-down was empty (as if I've never connected to any site before).

I know that the IT department at my work installed FlashFXP remotely and when he was doing it the program crashed a few times until I pasted in the registration key that was sent in a text file. So my only guess is that the history file is trying to save to perhaps a network drive that was only temporarily mapped for install. I have no idea though, but it's quite frustrating to have to enter the ftp information again and again. Is there a way to reset or at least check where the history/site manager file is? Perhaps a setting in the registry I can modify?

Thanks,
Nate
Old 12-14-2004, 02:33 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

you said ffxp crashed during install?
it's possible that it is trying to write to non-existing/read-only dir.
you think your best solution would be to reinstall ffxp to make sure that it's installed correctly.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:56 PM   #3
Nate1749

He was on his profile (since he has admin rights) and was installing it remotely on my machine. The install was successful, but once he started the program it would crash (had some long negative interger shown in the status box really fast and then the program would crash). I think it was because he was on his user profile and installed it to mine and was trying to run it from his to test it. Anyways, he logged out, I logged in where the license was installed and the program started fine (no crashing), I registered the program and all with FlashFXP is well (except for the site manager issue).

You may be right about how it is trying to write to a non-existing directory, however, even if they re-install it I think I will get the same problem. Unless of course IT temporarily gives me admin rights to install the program myself, however, they don't like to do that, plus that shouldn't be necessary (they install all software this way).

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, history, program, site