Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 11-06-2004, 02:29 AM   #1
ashtaroth

Default Custom command ShortCuts

In the previous version of Flash I had a custom command with the shortcut Ctrl+S assigned to it. The new version seems to have its own Ctrl+S assignment.

When I load Flash, connect to a site, and press Ctrl+S, I am greated with the inbuilt Mask Select dialog.

If I close that dialog, then manually selecy my own custom command, via Commands -> myCommand, which brings up my own custom dialog, then close this dialog, press Ctrl+S, I am now greated with my own custom command.

Close Flash, reload, back to square one.

I also just noticed that if I am at the point of Ctrl+S using my own command, if I change directories on the site, Ctrl+S defaults back to the File Mask inbuild dialog.

Hope this makes sense.

ash.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:06 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Custom commands are only available when connected to a site and the site isn't busy. otherwise the shortcut is marked as disabled.

Starting with v3.0.2 shortcuts are handled slightly different to reduce resource usage.

When you assign a custom command to the same shortcut key used by FlashFXP the one that is executed will depend on the current state of FlashFXP.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:56 PM   #3
ashtaroth

I realise that the shortcut is marked as disabled, else I would not have been able to reproduce the problem.

My first example was issued at the stage of being connected to a site and at the stage of flash waiting for me to either change directories, transfer a file, issue a site command, or any other responce that is likely once connected and waiting.

Since assigning a custom command to Ctrl+S is possible, and flash also having an internal command assigned to Ctrl+S, there is obviously a conflict of interests at times.

I do see that if flash is in the middle of a process, like changing directories, Ctrl+S will revert to File Mask, but once the site has finished its activity, it does not revert back to the custom command, so I have to manually select my own custom command from the menu first to make flash realise I want it to use Ctrl+S, but then, I change directories, flash does its inbuild revert thing, and its all changed again.

Did you even attempt to reproduce the problem? Or did you just instinctively attempt to prove me wrong with no real evidence to back up your claim?
Old 11-06-2004, 08:46 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I was able to reproduce the problem and I did see Ctrl-S switches from one to the other.

The internal command "Mask Select" is disabled/enabled during a change dir among another operations and after being enabled it has priority over the custom command.

The priority is based on which command was the last one to be enabled or assigned.

The best solution would be to prevent the user from assigning a shortcut that's already assigned. However this is something we'll have to look into for future versions.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:52 AM   #5
ashtaroth

I guess I will have to await the next release.

Thanks for your quick responces.

ash.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:04 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I went through the source code and I discovered an ini only setting that lets you turn off the dynamic menu. By turning it off FlashFXP will use more system resources. With it off you will be able to use Ctrl-S like you did in previous versions.

1. Close FlashFXP
2. open the flashfxp.ini in notepad
3. add the line "DynamicMenu=1" under the "[main]" section (without the quotes)
4. save flashfxp.ini
5. start FlashFXP

Once we start disallowing custom commands to use the same shortcut keys as defined in FlashFXP you will need to find another key combination regardless of using this above mentioned solution.

Tags
close, command, ctrl+s, custom, dialog