Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 11-06-2004, 12:13 AM   #1
epp_b
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Minor bug with remote browser w/ double-click preset button on Logitech mouse

Sorry for the long winded title

I have a Logitech mouse, for which I have the driver set to use the middle button (scrollwheel button) as double-click (one click on middle button = double-click on left button). When I do the following:

1.) Make the local browser active
2.) Double-click a folder/file in the remote browser (using the double-click button on the mouse, not double-clicking with the left mouse button)

If you double click a remote folder/file, FlashFXP will not open the folder/file. You have to click it again to open it. In other words, the first double-click simply made the remote browser active, and second double-click actually did what it was supposed to do (open the folder/file).

This is a bug in FlashFXP version 3.0 (1015). I know, I'm not using the latest version, so could you check if this bug still exists?
With FlashFXP v2.1, double-clicking (with the preset button) a remote folder/file while the local browser was active would automatically make the remote browser active and open the remote folder/file - in one shot.

I can tell you right off the bat that this is NOT a driver issue. I am using the SAME mouse with the SAME mouse driver version as I was using when I had FlashFXP v2.1 installed and this bug was non-existent in v2.1. This only began to happen when I started using FlashFXP v3.

I know, this is a minor bug, but it's driving me buts, because I used to double-click back and forth like this all the time
Old 11-06-2004, 07:19 AM   #2
ND-
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I have problem with the thumbbutton (set as double-click) sometimes when I run flashfxp. Sometimes nothing happends, sometimes it goes into the selected folder (usually ..).
It's usually fine the next time I run flash.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:56 PM   #3
epp_b
FlashFXP Registered User

Hmmm...interesting. FlashFXP reproduces this bug consistently for me
Old 11-06-2004, 09:55 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I don't have a logitech mouse but I tested this with my MS mouse and it worked correctly. This is a great idea. I think i'm going to keep my mouse set this way.

I'm not sure what logitech does differently, It should work the same. I can't think of anything off hand that was changed.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:13 PM   #5
epp_b
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
I don't have a logitech mouse but I tested this with my MS mouse and it worked correctly. This is a great idea. I think i'm going to keep my mouse set this way.
I love it - it's atticting!

Quote:

I'm not sure what logitech does differently, It should work the same. I can't think of anything off hand that was changed.
Hmmm...it seems I was mistaken when I said it was consistent - it seems to be working fine at the momoent, but I'm sure it'll happen again...

It appears to me that Logitech builds their own basic mouse driver, at least for the version I use - I think other vendors often use the default capabilities built into Windows and just add on some additional functionality.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:28 PM   #6
epp_b
FlashFXP Registered User

Ah-HAH! I think I got it

This bug occurs when I use the spacebar to highlight some files/folders (occurs when highlighting both local and remote files). The weird thing is that it doesn't occur when I highlight certain types of files, such as text (.TXT) files.

Try doing this and see if it happens:

1.) Run FlashFXP and open a connection
2.) highlight a file other than .TXT (ie.: PHP, CSS, HTML...)
3.) make the local browser active
4.) select a file/folder in the remote browser (without explicitly making it active first) using the double-click button on the mouse.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:54 AM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I was not able to reproduce this in v3.0.2 build 1044, there were some changes to the highlight feature in 3.0.2, you might try updating and see if that helps any.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:53 AM   #8
epp_b
FlashFXP Registered User

Thanks bigstar, I will try that soon and post back.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:46 PM   #9
epp_b
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Didn't work

I updated to the latest version of FlashFXP, the process went very smoothly and is very painless (good job on the update feature, BTW).

Anyway, this whole mouse double-clicking behaviour is still an issue after bolding files/folders with the space bar.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:02 AM   #10
epp_b
FlashFXP Registered User

Is there a way to disable this spacebar highlight feature so that I don't accidentally use it?
Old 11-13-2004, 03:14 PM   #11
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Currrently there's no way to disable this feature. However after further testing I'm not so sure that the highlight feature is causing your problem. I am leaning more towards your mouse driver, so far I have not seen this problem with my MS mouse.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:14 PM   #12
epp_b
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
Currrently there's no way to disable this feature. However after further testing I'm not so sure that the highlight feature is causing your problem.
Or, probably, a combination of the two.

Quote:
I am leaning more towards your mouse driver, so far I have not seen this problem with my MS mouse.
Sounds like a reasonable conclusion.

Could you add an option to disable this feature? Even if it was just an INI-only setting, that would be great!
Old 11-16-2004, 11:46 PM   #13
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Unless the mouse driver responds by simulating keyboard activity specifically the spacebar, I don't see how this ini setting will help.

One way to determine if the mouse driver is sending a space is the item you click would become bold since that is the behavior when the spacebar is pressed.

I can send you a test build in a day or two with highlighting disabled so you can test it.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:24 AM   #14
epp_b
FlashFXP Registered User

Sorry, I think I didn't explain myself clearly enough. The mouse driver does not cause the mouse to send any keyboard "simulations". The mouse does not cause any files/folders be be bolded/unbolded.

When I have a file highlighted using the spacebar (like it is supposed to do), the double-click button does not activate the remote browser when double clicking on a remote file/folder after being focused elsewhere (ie.: different application or local browser in FlashFXP). I have to focus on the remote pane first (by clicking an empty area in the pane) in order to double-click a file using the double-click button on the mouse.

I have not used spacebar highlighting for the last few days, and I haven't had any problems with this double-click-not-focusing-remote-pane issue

Clear as mud?

(NOTE: when I say "double-click", I refer to the button assigned to the "double-click" action, and not a manual two clicks with the left mouse button)
Old 11-17-2004, 03:22 AM   #15
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

My fault, I forgot what was previously said in this thread. After re-reading the thread again I understand.

So basically the mouse driver has problems simulating a double click on items that are marked bold.

Here's a thought, What if you change your list font to a bold style, so that normal items are shown in bold, does the problem still occur?

Then what if you highlight a few with the spacebar and then try, do those work?

Tags
button, double-click, flashfxp, mouse, remote