Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 09-29-2004, 07:06 PM   #1
holidayidol

Default Upload succeded, but file never complete

I'm having the identical problem as this guy...

http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread...ghlight=upload

But since there was never any conclusion in that thread, I've started this one.

To put it simply, anytime I'm uploading something to an FTP, any type of FTP, my file status bar will reach 100%, and say transfer succeeded. But then whatever folder I uploaded it to will show a file of smaller size, usually only a matter of kilabytes smaller. And it really is missing that much data.

Also, this only started a week ago, and I haven't changed any settings, or upgraded any apps in that timeframe.

It happens with uploads to the XBox, uploads to friends FTP's, and uploads to my own website FTP....so pretty much everything FTP related. I cannot upload a complete file, period. But everytime it still says successfully uploaded.

I've scanned for viruses and trojans and found nothing. I got the new beta firmware update for my router. I completely uninstalled FlashFXP and reinstalled fresh. I tried changing MTU settings on the router, and packet sizes in FlashFXP. But nothing effects the problem...no clue what is causing this.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:12 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Did you try this?

You may want to check your upload packet size.
Options > Preferences > Advanced > Upload Packet Size
2048 or 8192 are good choices. for some reason some people have problems with 4096.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:36 PM   #3
holidayidol

Yeah. I've tried every single packet size. No difference with that.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:42 PM   #4
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Have you tried the suggestions listed in the other thread. like testing with ftp.exe? Your problem is likely not this program directly, but something which affects the transfer.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:49 AM   #5
holidayidol

Ok, tried CuteFTP....and its acting the same way.

<Scratching head>

I also noticed that my website's web-based file uploader can upload files just fine. But FTP programs cannot.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:59 AM   #6
holidayidol

Here is a screencap of an example (this one is when something uploads to my XBox, but the same thing happens to any upload) ...

http://fuelinjectedrock.com/holidayi...BoxProblem.jpg
Old 10-01-2004, 08:45 AM   #7
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

what is your networking config?
any firewalls?
tried to temporary remove router from your setup?
Old 10-01-2004, 07:52 PM   #8
WinEggDrop

Long ago,I encountered the same problem,but the problem happened to me just by chance,so I don't know how and when it will happen,but I know flashfxp has this sort of problem(I have tested other FTP Client,so I am pretty sure).
Old 10-03-2004, 08:49 AM   #9
holidayidol

Hey guys ... UPDATE ... I fixed this problem, and here's how...

I figured this one out quite by mistake. I wanted to share what I found.

While I was troubleshooting what I thought was other unrelated problems I was having, I found an interesting problem with Windows Update V5.

I hadn't been able to use Windows Updates since I was on XP SP2, and I thought it was just because my serial or something wasn't V5 friendly. Even after I've tried all the new schemes to switch your serial, it still wasn't working with V5 updates.

So as I was looking into my specific V5 error code, I discovered that it wasn't working because I had Steganos Internet Security installed. Supposedly V5 doesn't cooperate with that app at all (or didn't). So since I haven't even been using it, I uninstalled that. And bingo, V5 worked right away.

There were 3 critical updates that I hadn't yet taken for XP, SP2:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3, English Version
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool (KB873374)

Once I had installed these and rebooted, about 5 major issues I had been having with my Operating System, and specific apps (FTP apps, Soulseek, basic Windows Explorer functionality) all evaporated, and everything works like a charm....even better than before.

So............I'm quite happy today

When I was searching the board for this problem in old posts, I see that this issue comes up maybe once a month. And everytime, if it even gets resolved at all, the person doesn't know what fixed it. So, I thought this might be a good reference point for those who see this problem in the future.

Thanks guys.

Tags
file, flashfxp, ftp, ftps, upload