Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Language Translations Help us translate FlashFXP into your native language.

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 02:25 PM   #16
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Right now mult-language support has limited exposure. You'll see much more activity once we release an public beta to everyone (not just registered users) with multi-language support.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:12 AM   #17
chotaire
FlashFXP Scripter

Friedbert: Good to see you back. I thought long about "Site" or "Server". I came to the conclusion that using "site" is the better idea. First, because every german knows what "site" means these days (since invention of websites), second because that would then be transparent to the english version, making future support a bit easier for Inicom folks, third because a "server" can host multiple "sites". Forth, even german wikipedia hosts the term "site" at http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Site - and fifth, I have seen other german programs also using the term "site". Like I said, I thought long about it, so it was no easy task but I thought it's the better idea. What do you think, what do the others think? No problem to change it.. germans speak out!

I am looking forward to your other reports, Friedbert. I hardly find any more bugs in my translation but this is probably because I know all the FlashFXP shortcuts and locations of options without opening my eyes. ;( Before the final, I will walk through everything again and I'm sure, I'll find atleast 10 occasions where there could be a better translation but right now, when beta-testing it actively, I can't see anything.

See you.

PS: German Translation Beta 1.4 has been downloaded 334 times up to this date.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:55 PM   #18
mtl-brock
FlashFXP Registered User

How can I install the translation???
Old 09-30-2005, 10:40 AM   #19
Meise
FlashFXP Registered User

Question NOTICE: German translation is outdated, please see our website for an update.

Hi guys,

I downloaded the latest German translation and change the menues to German.

So far so good. But when I start FlashFXP 3.3.1 Buid 1089 beta, I always see in the log window the error NOTICE: German translation is outdated, please see our website for an update.

And b.t.w. everybody is talking about FlashFXP build: 1094, 1095, 1097, 1098, 1099

Where can I get these builds?

Best regards,
Meise
Old 09-30-2005, 06:45 PM   #20
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meise
And b.t.w. everybody is talking about FlashFXP build: 1094, 1095, 1097, 1098, 1099

Where can I get these builds?
you can't. they are available only for offical beta testers
Old 10-12-2005, 12:39 PM   #21
chotaire
FlashFXP Scripter

So far I have only found 3 bugs. I will be compiling a new version these days, but it's really nothing serious.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:44 PM   #22
chotaire
FlashFXP Scripter

Ok, before I come up with an update, I'd really like to see someone post me a list of things that you disagree with, e.g. translation could be better. My update is so tiny, it doesn't even really make sense right now.

German Translation: Bevor ich das nächste Update bereitstelle, würde ich mich freuen, wenn jemand sich ein bisschen Zeit nimmt und einfach mal aufschreibt, was besser sein könnte. Egal, wie winzig es ist, vielleicht hast Du absolut recht und ich habe etwas übersehen. Geht besonders die Sachen durch, die Ihr nicht auswendig kennt, d.h. die ihr verstehen müsst. Das wär super, danke.

See ya soon.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:10 PM   #23
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

There probably wont be much of a following until the multi-language version of FlashFXP is publically released. Currently the latest build is only available to official beta testers and a slightly older build to registered users only.

We'll probably have to update the translation language file one more time before the first public release since we have a few more things to add. Hopefully we can get the public release out somewhere near the end of the month.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:36 AM   #24
AlexKD
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

Thnx for the translation!
Old 10-29-2005, 08:11 PM   #25
h.merz52351
FlashFXP Registered User

hi im new im search the german language sib.
i can't downloaded can you help me
Old 11-02-2005, 01:15 PM   #26
chotaire
FlashFXP Scripter

h.merz52351: please refer to post http://www.inicom.net/forum/showpost...4&postcount=18
Old 11-04-2005, 10:16 AM   #27
flooorian
FlashFXP Beta Tester

hi chotaire.

first of all thanks for translating flashfxp! i had done it myself if my schedule would allow me to do so, but I'm pretty happy with your work

just three remarks concerning your work:
1st - Sitzung \ Minimiere zu System Tray
I would say "In den Tray minimieren" (or something similiar, I'm emphasizing the "in" instead of the "zu", because FlashFXP doesn't become a Systray just by minimizing it). Btw: Microsoft itself calls the System Tray "Infobereich" in the german version of windows. maybe you should use this translation instead.

2nd - <xx>..
Although FlashFXP english uses only two dots to show that a more detailed screen will follow, at least for german versions of windows, office, whatsoever "..." (three dots) is the standard. i think following standards is very important for a good overall impression. maybe you should consider a change here.

3rd - Werkzeuge \ Vergleiche Verzeichnis Inhalt (\ ...)
write Verzeichnisinhalt (one word)

that's all for the moment. i'm a little bit tired at the moment but i'm happy that i found the time to download your translation. i will report more if i find something (actually i'm just too sleepy for it), but if you need help don't hesitate to ask

best regards,
florian
Old 11-11-2005, 04:54 AM   #28
angst
FlashFXP Beta Tester

the there a german langfile for 3.3.4 build 1108?
Old 11-15-2005, 01:12 PM   #29
chotaire
FlashFXP Scripter

florian: thanks for your comments. I will go through all the details and correct everything that I agree with. I will let you know when there is an updated file.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:18 PM   #30
chotaire
FlashFXP Scripter

angst: the update for 1108 is coming probably today or tomorrow.... sorry for a little delay, I was busy with another project.
Closed Thread

Tags
database, file, find, flashfxp, language

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: