Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 12:41 AM   #1
Gary King
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Transfer freezes when it's done?

I have a few items in queue. When a file completes transfer, it stops transferring when the file just hits the 100% mark, and it stays at 100% for an extremely long time (long enough for me to close the window and start it again instead of waiting.)

How can I fix this?
Apparently only happens on some servers.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:55 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

If you continue to wait what happens?

Can you please include a copy of the ftp session log. Please enable timestamps (right click on the Status Window and select Timestamp.

Do you have the following option enabled "Stop and resume if no data transferred for X minutes" ? If yes what is the value of X
Old 05-23-2005, 10:29 AM   #3
Gary King
FlashFXP Registered User

x = 1 minute
Old 05-23-2005, 03:29 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Does the transfer timeout kick into action or does the transfer complete before hand?

I'd really like to take a look at the ftp session log.

Also if you could provide the name of the ftp server software.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:42 PM   #5
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I have experienced transfers hanging also recently. It only occurs from one place and only some files seem to do it. The ftpd uses raiden (not sure which version). As far as i was able to determine it seems to be a sever side issue, flashfxp never seems to recieve the transfer complete message from the ftpd, possibly some sort of time out from a third party device other than the ftpd (router maybe). But i dont have access to log in and watch the box while it does it so i really have nothing to back up the theory.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:52 AM   #6
J-J
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Greetings,

Could this be because of antivirus? I believe i have noticed that when i transfer large files (1gb+) FlashFXP "hangs" when the file is done. While it "hangs" i looked in Task Manager, and noticed my antivirus (Norton 2005) was using a high CPU percentage. When it was done scanning, FlashFXP "unlocked" and i could continue.

Though if the file is too big, FlashFXP will timeout and mark the file as failed, because the antivirus locks it for too long.

Just a thought.

Best Regards,
J-J
Old 05-28-2005, 03:18 AM   #7
Oldbunny
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Re: Transfer freezes when it's done?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary King
I have a few items in queue. When a file completes transfer, it stops transferring when the file just hits the 100% mark, and it stays at 100% for an extremely long time (long enough for me to close the window and start it again instead of waiting.)
How can I fix this?
Apparently only happens on some servers.
I have the very same problems EXACTLY as already mention before since I switch from HUB into Wireless Router and install the latest release of FlashFxp v3.2.0.1080 Final - 5 5 2005
and this is endless till time-out and the Auto-Connect is activate with pop-up Error TIME-OUT.. then the transfer start to continue.
In mean time I check as well the Norton Antivirus 2004 if any activity for delay.. but nothing shows and on the backgrounds only Norton Internet Security 2004 are live.
Since the 1078 release I didn't makes any changes with configuration and as well the transfer going fine and speedy as usual til reach the 100% and then all looks like freeze forever.
Anyway.. I Re-Install the FlashFXP into 1078 release with the same results so.. that means that the 1080 release have nothing to do with the current problems so I return back into the 1080.
Additionally I uninstall all Protocols I have under Windows XP SP1 and use the Microsoft Network Wizard to fresh Re-Install all and do the same with Re-installation of the Router too.
Unfortunately no any positive sign to fix this unexpected problems I never have before...
I try as well do the same transfer again using CuteFTP which going well with-out any transfer problems (just for test but I love the FlashFXP I use for years).
Any solution or tips to fix that?
This problems accurance with all knowing Servers I have never problems before.

Tags
100%, file, long, transfer, window

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: