Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 04:46 AM   #1
kayne

Angry Registration problem

Hello,

I have purchased once an older version of FlashFXP, but the problem is I lost my serial number.

Don't worry, I'm not asking you for yours, but please can someone give me advice to find that? I've installed it using my serial number on a laptop, however, I can't copy it out from that computer. I was told to go to the registry editor and find it there, but I'm not very skilled in computer related stuff, but anyway, can someone push me in the right direction.

Best regards,
Kayne
Old 05-08-2005, 04:22 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

you can register/login to customer portal at https://secure.flashfxp.com/customerportal.php
you'll have access to your serial number there.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:31 AM   #3
kayne

Nice, that sounds good.

However, I don't have an internet connection on my laptop anymore. That's why I wanna have it on my PC where I've got my DSL.

Btw how can I know which e-mail I used while registration?

Help truly appreciated!
Kayne
Old 05-09-2005, 09:23 AM   #4
aRNoLD
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by kayne
Nice, that sounds good.

However, I don't have an internet connection on my laptop anymore. That's why I wanna have it on my PC where I've got my DSL.

Help truly appreciated!
Kayne
alternative way as follows:

try to log into your customer portal and get your reg info, simply the sn and copy and paste this to your notepad and save it to any name your like.

copy this txt file and transfer it to your destination pc, another laptop, desktop etc.

then we get the final solution. done!
Old 05-09-2005, 02:30 PM   #5
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by kayne
Nice, that sounds good.

you don't have to access portal from the same computer on which you want to run flashfxp.
like Hyson mentioned above, login using any computer and then transfer serial number to your laptop.
Quote:
the same way you know what is your name...you'll just have to remember that info..or try to figure it out.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:33 PM   #6
kayne

OK guys, thanks for your help, but unfortunately I can't remember my registration info... Bad luck, huh?

So, I have two possibilites now. The first one is I forget my old FlashFXP and buy the knewest version (sounds good, huh?). And the second option is make an image file of my laptop's harddisk, burn it on a dvd and add it on my PC (sounds a bit complicated). If someone of you is experienced in technical stuff and knows a solution that would spare me some time feel free to advise me about that (via PM, E-Mail or post reply).

Life's so complicated. When you really need something you never get it or it never works.

Best regards,
Kayne
Old 05-09-2005, 06:16 PM   #7
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

if you want to buy another flashfxp, that's up to you.
making an image and moving it to another system just to use flashfxp won't work.
registration key hash stored in registry is unique to each system.
if you take pre-registred version to another system, it won't be registred there.

or you can email support at inicom.net. they will ask for some proof/info about your registration and might be able to help you.

Tags
computer, flashfxp, number, problem, serial

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: