Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 02:47 PM   #1
Mundo

Default FTP Upload Problems (FXP Related)

Ok, until recently, my FTP was fine. Recently though, I can ONLY upload TXT files. Strange I know. Problem is, I can't tell why.

I connect to the internet through a wireless WAN (created by myself) but this has got me stumped. Before, I never used to forward port 21 at all (FTP port) and everything worked fine. I changed nothing but all of a sudden, nothing will pass UP through it.

I can download files through FTP, and even create directorys, but nothing else. I have tried 4 different clients and they all give the same. All my FTP sites have the problem, but when i connect through my modem, the problem is solved.

Sounds like a firewall thing? Thing is.. I don't run a firewall on my laptop. My router runs Cisco firewall, so there is no need. So, I forwarded port 21. Still, same thing happens. What could it be?

This only happens on my laptop, too. So it can't be a firewall problem. I just tried doing exactly the same things on other machines in the WAN and they work perfectly fine. What the hell could this be?

I can now safely say that this problem is nothing to do with my firewalls. I disabled every single on eon the network and I still get the same thing happening.

So this problem is because of any third party software (such as a firewall), it's not the client, it is not the server and is not the network. It only occurs on my laptop. Which means it MUST be something in my OS... Musn't it?

Please help. FTP is pretty essential to my every day buisness.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread...&threadid=4745
Old 05-07-2005, 03:20 PM   #3
Mundo

I don't see how that will help as this is a problem with all my clients I am running. Not directly a problem with FXP itself. Although the problem does affect FXP.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:33 PM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

if you do not want to work with us, there is not much we can do to help you.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:52 AM   #5
Mundo

The information you want is irrelevant to the problem. I've already found out that. The problem lies withing my OS/Hardware i'm guessing. Nothing else could explain it.
Closed Thread

Tags
download, ftp, fxp, problem, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: