Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 10:19 AM   #1
SkyeWelse

Default File Uploading Problems

Hi, I recently encountered an uploading problem when using FlashFXP. I was uploading files to my server "mother2.miraigamer.net" to my website ftp://cavestory.gameflaws.com and everything was working fine, no problems. Everything has been working fine for many months now.

I then tried uploading a text document one of the file folders on the site and something strange happened. Even though this file was only about 8 k, it would upload the file to the server only a certain percentage, such as 96% and then it would get stuck in sending the file. The only way to stop this operation at this point would be to disconnect from the server. After this, a file of the same name would be added to the file listing on the server, but it would be at a file size of 0 k. Also, it doesn't matter what type of file format I try uploading or what file size it is. The problem is still the same for everything.

I forget which version of FlashFXP I was using at the time as I just reinstalled it with the current version that I downloaded from the FlashFXP website that I hoped would fix the problem. It did not do this however and the problem is still there.

Even after creating a network place that links to my ftp sever, when trying to upload the actual file, it just freezes and never finishes the uploading process.

The current version I have installed is FlashFXP v3.1.14 build 1078 [BETA RELEASE]WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.7g 11 Apr 2005

I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2 on a Dell Latitude c400 Model.

The weird thing is that when I try to use FlashFXP on another computer, a desktop PC, it works fine in transferring files.

I'm not too terribly familiar with our server versions and such, but if this occurance is not a commonly known problem and more information is needed, I'll do my best to provide it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

-Thomas
Old 04-28-2005, 05:30 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

do you have this problem only with this particular site, or all site?
we need to see status log from flashfxp when you try to transfer to that site.
what firewalls and antivirus do you have installed?
that another desktop pc, is it on the same network as laptop?
Old 04-28-2005, 05:49 PM   #3
SkyeWelse

The problem seems to be with all sites, tranfering files to and from. Though I can still use flashfxp/my network places to transfer files to my Xbox just fine. I don't have any other ftp sites that I can link to other than the ones on my server, which include miraigamer.net, gameflaws.com, and dreamsfromabove.com. Even by accessing the ftp via internet explorer yields the same results of the file transferring and then getting stuck and timing out.

Here is the complete log of my operations in FlashFXP. At the end, there is no message that states errors, timeouts or anything of the sort, it just gets stuck in limbo whenever I'm trying to send something. Also, the yellow progress bar sometimes fluxiates the time that the transfer still has left to complete and the bar can even sometimes get to 100%, but the transfer never actually completes itself.

FlashFXP v3.1.14 build 1078 [BETA RELEASE]
Support Forums at http://forum.flashfxp.com

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.7g 11 Apr 2005
[R] Connecting to cavestory.gameflaws.com -> DNS=cavestory.gameflaws.com IP=64.119.177.203 PORT=21
[R] Connected to cavestory.gameflaws.com
[R] 220 ProFTPD 1.2.9 Server (ProFTPD) [mother2.miraigamer.net]
[R] USER skyewelse
[R] 331 Password required for skyewelse.
[R] PASS (hidden)
[R] 230 User skyewelse logged in.
[R] SYST
[R] 215 UNIX Type: L8
[R] FEAT
[R] 211-Features:
[R] MDTM
[R] REST STREAM
[R] SIZE
[R] 211 End
[R] PWD
[R] 257 "/" is current directory.
[R] TYPE A
[R] 200 Type set to A
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (64,119,177,203,215,154).
[R] Opening data connection IP: 64.119.177.203 PORT: 55194
[R] LIST -al
[R] 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
[R] 226-Transfer complete.
[R] 226 Quotas off
[R] List Complete: 865 bytes in 0.66 seconds (1.3 KB/s)
[R] CWD httpdocs
[R] 250 CWD command successful.
[R] PWD
[R] 257 "/httpdocs" is current directory.
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (64,119,177,203,215,158).
[R] Opening data connection IP: 64.119.177.203 PORT: 55198
[R] LIST -al
[R] 226 Quotas off
[R] List Complete: 3 KB in 0.57 seconds (5.5 KB/s)
[R] CWD cavestory
[R] 250 CWD command successful.
[R] PWD
[R] 257 "/httpdocs/cavestory" is current directory.
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (64,119,177,203,215,162).
[R] Opening data connection IP: 64.119.177.203 PORT: 55202
[R] LIST -al
[R] 226 Quotas off
[R] List Complete: 1 KB in 0.57 seconds (3.4 KB/s)
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (64,119,177,203,215,171).
[R] Opening data connection IP: 64.119.177.203 PORT: 55211
[R] STOR save_hacking.txt
[R] 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for save_hacking.txt

As far as I know, I do not have any firewalls installed, except for a google popupblocker of sorts. I also run the standard McAfee Security Center program.

And yes, the desktop PC is hooked up to our Belkin wireless G router and it seems to be working fine. I'm accessing our Earthlink DSL modem via this wireless router on the laptop wireless network.

-Thomas
Old 04-29-2005, 10:48 AM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

hmm. you say that you have this problem using other applications beside flashfxp..
does your desktop pc also have McAfee Security Center?
if i'm not mistaken MSC has a firewall module..
for the testing purposes, consider completly disabling MSC and connecting your laptop with that router.
also check if winxp's firewall is enabled/disabled.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:25 PM   #5
SkyeWelse

Well, I completely disabled both the McAfee Security Center and the Windows XP Firewall, tried it, rebooted and tried it and still there is no change in the file uploading error. The desktop PC does have a antivirus program called BitDefender, but that shouldn't really affect the internet connection of the actual router should it?

But the weird thing is that everything was working fine even with all this stuff enabled. The problem pretty much started instantaneously after uploading a bunch of small sprites for the Cave Story website I've been working on. I simply backtracked to a previous folder on FlashFXP and uploaded a text document and that is when all of this started taking place and there have been no changes since.

Would a complete uninstall of FlashFXP help in anyway you think? Have there been other problems before in FlashFXP causing other programs or windows functions to not work properly?

-Thomas
Old 04-29-2005, 11:34 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Please take a look at this thread http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread...&threadid=5697
Old 05-05-2005, 01:35 AM   #7
SkyeWelse

Thank you very much. This link you provided was exactly the same issue with me. I've already had to delete that update twice now and I had to eventually turn automatic updates off altogether... Now if only I could find a way to select which updates I wanted to install only. That would fix everything. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.

-Thomas
Old 09-30-2006, 12:15 PM   #8
Lars B.
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
I got the same problem, but i cant access the link, because it says i dont have permission to reach it. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
file, flashfxp, ftp, upload, uploading

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: