Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 12:04 AM   #1
Hawk88
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Norton 2005 worm protection being activated

I am transferring files to my game system, cough, boxx and get the Norton Worm Protection has blocked "insert worm name here". The name changes each time. I searched and found that there was a suggestion to limit the ports being used. The suggestion was 11310 to 12310. It was just a suggestion, but I tried it and it cut down on the amount of activations, but did not stop them.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:23 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

false alarm.
you will get such messages with any ftp client.
ftp protocol works by creating connections for data transfers on random ports. sometimes those ports are the same numbers as some worms use. so your stupid firewall thinks it's a worm..without actually looking at what it is.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
Hawk88
FlashFXP Registered User

Was there ever a fix for this? Thanks.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:26 PM   #4
Hawk88
FlashFXP Registered User

Actually to somewhat answer my own question, with 2006/possibly 2005, if you go to options, then Norton Antivirus, then click Internet Worm Protection, you can uncheck "Turn Internet Worm Protection On" it will ask how long you want to turn it off for. So you can temporarily turn this off while you upload/download alot of files with FlashFxp. I also went in to "Program Control" and manually added the FlashFXP exe to "Permit All". Hopefully doing this I will not have to uncheck the Internet Worm Protection, will let you know next time I upload some stuff.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:48 AM   #5
Linkster
Administrator

Thanks Hawk
Old 02-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #6
Hawk88
FlashFXP Registered User

Just an update, I have transferred some data, although not as much as before (which I will try to do soon), by just adding the flashfxp.exe to "permit all" as above and it seems to work without having to diable the worm protection. Will update again when I have to ftp alot of data (about 1 GB or more usually) next time.
Closed Thread

Tags
limit, norton, protection, suggestion, worm

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: