Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 08:19 AM   #1
chotaire
FlashFXP Scripter

Default Using FlashFXP with KISS DP-558 properly

Since the KISS customer support is blaming FlashFXP and other clients for regular disconnection behaviour when uploading/download files from/to the KISS DP-558 harddisk recorder, I'd like to give you people a tip here on how to get it working properly:

When e.g. using Quick Connect (F8) to connect to your KISS player, simply enter the IP address in TAB General into the "Server and URL line".

Click on the "Toggles" tab before connecting, and uncheck the following options:

[ ] Anti-Idle
[ ] Use Passive Mode
[ ] Send NOOP during transfer

Then just connect to your player and you can upload/download files without any more disconnects.

Keep in mind though that with current KISS firmware version 1.1.1 there is a terrible bug that will crash the player occasionally. If you then restart the player manually (since you cannot connect to the player anymore) and try to re-upload or resume the file, you will find out that there is now a temp file inside the directory and that you are unable to resume or delete the file (!!!).

The only way to get rid of the file after this has happened is to format the harddisk. I am not kidding.

-BUT- I have one tip for you that will help you prevent that there will ever be temp files on your harddisk. This still sucks, but atleast it keeps your HD from filling up with useless disk space:

Whenever the player crashes, do -NOT- turn it off, do not close FlashFXP, just do NOTHING and wait.. If you have a retry time of 120 seconds, it will take 7 retry tries, after that you will be able to connect to the player again and resume your upload! I know this means it will take quite some time to finish an upload but this is THE ONLY WAY you can make sure there will be no temp file left inside the directory. Just keep waiting and do nothing until it can reconnect after 7 x 120 seconds and everything will be fine.

Best regards to KISS technology in Denmark, who are unable to fix their firmware throughout many months. They keep telling customers that there will be an update but nothing happens. If you look for a HDD recorder, maybe get a different one if you can not live with this:

- occasional crashes on ftp transfers
- regular crashes on fast-forward/backward an XViD movie.
- unable to play SVCD (mpeg) files written to HDD.

I hope this helps a few people out there and I also hope this helps to stop KISS from spreading lies about FlashFXP.
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, kiss, player, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: