Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 06:10 PM   #1
Thany

Default FTP server with no password

Here's the situation, to un-panic you:

I have a LAN at my home, which is isolated from any threads from outside, by a hardware NAT-router box. On this LAN is an Windows MCE box to which I upload a movie a few times a week. And since MCE cannot be joined into a network and FTP being a much more efficient protocol for large file transfers, I installed an FTP server on it (IIS). However, since it's an MCE, the logon account doesn't have a password, so that after pressing the power-button, I get MCE without any other input. And since the FTP is IIS, it uses the windows userbase, which has 1 account with no password.

Now the bottom line: FlashFXP always asks for that password when logging into that FTP server. How can I disable that?
Old 03-06-2005, 06:51 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Enter anything in the password field, if it's not required by the ftp server it will never be sent.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:27 PM   #3
Thany

Too bad, if I fill in something, the server says the password isn't correct, "550 user thany cannot log in".

this is probably because the server *is* expecting a password to be sent, but it has to be empty. I told that it's IIS, and you can't tell IIS to ignore the password. It needs a valid password, whether it's empty or not.

It's the same when logging in interactively, when you try to login with a password into an account that doesn't have a password, it'll fail.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:59 PM   #4
clownisius
FlashFXP Registered User

It most likely has an auto login with password setup someplace.

If i were you try setting a password, and have it auto login with that, and you can use that in ftp...
Old 03-08-2005, 01:04 PM   #5
Thany

Quote:
It most likely has an auto login with password setup someplace.

If i were you try setting a password, and have it auto login with that, and you can use that in ftp...
Hm, maybe I should look the other way indeed
Old 03-12-2005, 08:24 AM   #6
chotaire
FlashFXP Scripter

If you don't need a password, do not check [ ] Anonymous and just don't enter any password at all. It will work.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:45 PM   #7
Thany

Yeah, but the problem is that FXP asks for a password when actually logging in.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:28 AM   #8
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Thany is correct.

If you log into a site with anonymous unchecked and no user or pass it will pop up a box asking for it. If you clear the box and proceed it will not send a blank user/pass. Instead it will make an assumption and send 'anonymous'.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:45 PM   #9
Thany

But in my case, it's not an anonymous login. It's a login with a normal user, but with an empty password.

Maybe I should just make the FTP server anonymously accessible
Old 03-15-2005, 04:29 PM   #10
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I did some tests and if you create a site entry with a blank password, during connect it will prompt you for a password, if you press enter a blank password is sent to the ftp server.

If this above method doesn't work then perhaps IIS requires a valid password for this account and not a blank one.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:11 PM   #11
Thany

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
I did some tests and if you create a site entry with a blank password, during connect it will prompt you for a password, if you press enter a blank password is sent to the ftp server.
That's the problem
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, mce, password, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: