Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 09:45 PM   #1
Dyz

Default Remote Windows?

hey i just downloaded 1045 and wen it starts up it shows 2 remote windows... in my previous very left hand side was local can u pls tell me how to make left hand side local again.

thanks
Old 11-16-2004, 11:49 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The left window is switched to FTP view, to switch it back click the right most icon on the left toolbar. It's a picture of a computer with the earth in the background.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:53 AM   #3
Dyz

Sorry your didnt understand me properly im not that silly, what i mean is by default in all other builds the left windows was local now its remote so if i want to drag stuff i have to click it to make it local.. is there an option that will keep it local or is this how all versions from now will be..? as in by default on install left windows is local and not having to click it to make it local
Old 11-17-2004, 01:10 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

FlashFXP will remember your settings and restore them on exit, If the left side is local and the right side is ftp when you exit, the next time you start FlashFXP it should appear exactly the same.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:15 AM   #5
Dyz

i dont know i must be the only one getting this error for some reason build 1045 isnt remembering my window setting and keep brining the remote window up i guess ill hav to use older build
Old 11-17-2004, 02:05 AM   #6
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

by default the behavour you see is correct, but there is an ini setting that bigstar added to ffxp along time ago for this, he added it as a request by me actually, but i can't remember which ini setting that was atm, but bigstar will know what your talking about now so he can more than likey look it up and post it for you

but as bigstar said, if u close ffxp with the left side as local, it should be local on opening again. if its not remembering your settings, make sure your .ini file in the install dir is not set to "read-only"
Old 11-17-2004, 02:21 AM   #7
Dyz

Quote:
Originally posted by MidKnight
by default the behavour you see is correct, but there is an ini setting that bigstar added to ffxp along time ago for this, he added it as a request by me actually, but i can't remember which ini setting that was atm, but bigstar will know what your talking about now so he can more than likey look it up and post it for you

but as bigstar said, if u close ffxp with the left side as local, it should be local on opening again. if its not remembering your settings, make sure your .ini file in the install dir is not set to "read-only"
the thing is ini is not set to readonly and 1044 works perfect as in the local window stays local after i close fxp but 1045 it keeps goin bak to remote. hope the ini setting will help
Old 11-17-2004, 03:14 AM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Hmm MidKnight off the top of my head i don't recall that setting.

You might try re-installing 1045 and see if that helps, it should work.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:04 AM   #9
Dyz

ok weirdly after reinstalling it for the 3rd time the issue was resloved
Closed Thread

Tags
hand, left, local, side, windows

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: