Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 07:47 AM   #1
YahYah24

Exclamation Max sessions for unregistered Users??

FlashFXP version 3.0.2 build 1044
Compiled on Oct 27, 2004
Evaluation version, on day 4 of 30

OS WinXP
NAT Router [YES] Model [Blitz]
RUnning Firewall [YES] Version [Windows SP2 Firewall]
Running ANtivirus [E-Trust]
Network [DSL]

__________________________________________________ _

I haven't registered my flashFXP yet, and I've been having problems with uploading. It just dawned on me that perhaps it is because I have too many sessions open at one time...?

Is there a "session limit" for unregistered users? When I have just 2 sessions open, so far, so good...

But when I have more than 3 sessions open, my flash stalls after sending ONE file. I have to sit there and babysit it. I did notice, last night, that if I send a message from my server, (the server I am uploading to), the message kick starts Flash into gear, and it starts moving the next file. The message can be anything, just text.

I can't explain it. Can you?

I was running WarFTP server when I asked this very similar question the other day. Thank you for helping me. (but i changed servers so now I am using BulletProof Server)

I did put the NOOP commands in there, and whatever it was that did it, it worked. I was also brought to the attention of the firewall issue... I am not sure, now that I look back on it, if it was that help you gave me, or if it was the fact I was running less instances of Flash.

The NOOPS are not kick starting flash into sending the next file. I actually have to log off, log back on, and send the next file. It's really quite frustrating.

Any help you could give me would be much appreciated. I want to register this program, but I can't see spending $$ on it if I'm going to have to live on the "help" board to make it work, or to understand it It's probably the easiest FXP program I've ever used, I really do enjoy it's simplicity... please help.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Apparently my theory on "multiple instances" of unregistered Flash as being the cause of "stalling" is off... I have only 2 instances open, one is transferring just fine, the other is stalling after one file.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old 11-09-2004, 08:02 AM   #2
YahYah24

[L] List (cached)
[L] List Complete: 1 KB in 0.36 seconds (3.5 KB/s)
[L] TYPE I
[L] 200 Type set to I.
[R] TYPE I
[R] 200 Type set to I.
[L] Skipping: 03 - Piano Sonata No. 28 in A, Op. 101 - III. Langsam und sehnsuchtsvoll. Adagio, ma non troppo, con affetto.mp3
[L] PASV
[L] 227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,xxx,xx,xxx,xxx,xxx).
[R] PORT 217,162,80,110,201,124
[R] 200 Port command successful.
[R] STOR 04 - Piano Sonata No. 28 in A, Op. 101 - IV. Geschwind, doch nicht zu sehr und mit Entschlossenheit. Allegro.mp3
[R] 150 Opening data connection for 04 - Piano Sonata No. 28 in A, Op. 101 - IV. Geschwind, doch nicht zu sehr und mit Entschlossenheit. Allegro.mp3.
[L] RETR 04 - Piano Sonata No. 28 in A, Op. 101 - IV. Geschwind, doch nicht zu sehr und mit Entschlossenheit. Allegro.mp3
[L] 150 Data connection accepted from 205.209.71.175:320; transfer starting for 04 - Piano Sonata No. 28 in A, Op. 101 - IV. Geschwind, doch nicht zu sehr und mit Entschlossenheit. Allegro.mp3 (11423941 bytes).
[R] 226 File received ok.

And that is where it.... sits.

There is no failure or anything.

HOWEVER, on another note, if the file DID fail, halfway through, or something? Flash would say "FILE FAILED!" and would move right on to the next file, and start uploading it automatically the way it is supposed to.

I just cant explain it.

I am using FlashFXP and trying to upload to my BulletProof FTP Server. Both are the newest versions.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:32 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The evaluation copy of FlashFXP has no limitations.

As for your problem, one of the ftp sites isn't returning a transfer complete message. FlashFXP is waiting for the transfer complete reply and will continue to wait until one is returned. Both sites need to return transfer complete.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:55 PM   #4
bmxer
FlashFXP Registered User

apparently it is SP2

SP2 put on limit of sockets.

uninstall SP2 or reformat your computer.

stay away from SP2

sp2 is evil
Old 11-10-2004, 12:18 AM   #5
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

theres also a patch for it
Old 11-10-2004, 11:00 AM   #6
YahYah24

Smile thank you kindly

I will be uninstalling SP2, I have had issues with it before, had no idea it was causing this problem too... great

thank you so much, will try this and get back to you

YahYah
Closed Thread

Tags
file, flash, flashfxp, fxp, running

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: