Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 04:09 PM   #1
orakle
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Problem with flashfxp/drftpd

First of all, the required information:

* FlashFXP v3.0.2 build 1044 Registered
* OS WinXP SP2
* Running behind a NAT/Router - SMC 2804
* ZoneAlarm Pro 5.1.033 Firewall
* Antivirus - Norton w/ latest defs
* ADSL connection

I am consistently running into a problem when connecting to drftpd version 1.1.4-stable. It seems that whenever I try to download a file from the server while using AUTH TLS or AUTH SSL, i get the following errors:

[R] List Complete: 6 KB in 1.05 seconds (6.1 KB/s)
[R] TYPE I
[R] 200 Command okay
[R] PRET RETR <xxxxxxxx>
[R] 200 OK, will use <xxxx> for upcoming transfer
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (<xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>).
[R] Opening data connection IP: <xxxxxx> PORT: <xxxxxx>
[R] RETR <xxxxxxxx>
[R] Connected. Negotiating SSL session..
[R] 150 File status okay; about to open data connection from <xxxx>.
[R] error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number
[R] error:140940F5:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:unexpected record

The Final message repeats many times until I abort. As I said, I'm using the latest version of FlashFXP (got it from LiveUpdate today) and I've tried with the old (0.9.7d) OpenSSL libs as well as the recently-released 0.9.7e dlls. Zubov from #drftpd@EFnet has told me this is a problem between FlashFXP 3.x and drftpd. I was wondering if there was any sort of workaround for this problem, as it's really becoming a nuisance. I appreciate any help.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:12 AM   #2
orakle
FlashFXP Registered User

anyone know about this? SSL seems to work fine with FTPRush (the new name for UltraFXP from the company that bought them out) but of course I want to use Flash...
Old 11-06-2004, 05:10 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Are you using a proxy server? There is a bug in 1044 related to using a ftp proxy.

Otherwise i'm not entirely sure, would it be possible to give me access to the drftpd in question so that I can troubleshoot it?
Old 11-06-2004, 09:34 PM   #4
orakle
FlashFXP Registered User

nope not using a proxy server, and my NAT settings are done properly, as every other site (that's not drftpd) works like it should. with regards to getting access, I'll have to see about throwing up a drftpd server on my spare box (colo). That way you could play all you want.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:59 PM   #5
djrob
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Bigstar - this is the same thing i have posted about a couple of times already
And i'll be happy to setup an account for you on my drftpd server to test with if wanted

http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread...&threadid=5140
Old 11-08-2004, 07:00 PM   #6
orakle
FlashFXP Registered User

apparently it's been discussed with the drftpd devs and it seems to be a race condition in drftpd that causes it to puke all over you when you try to do secure ssl transfers. The gist of it is that there isn't enough motivation on the part of the drftpd coders to fix the problem. I actually did get the opportunity to throw up a drftpd to play with and we were able to reproduce the errors, but as of yet we don't have a solution
Old 02-18-2005, 04:16 PM   #7
zubov

I am a drftpd developer and have tried to fix this bug but to no avail. The fact that we haven't fixed it is because of frustation. The issue does not seem to be with SSL transfers, those seem to work fine. I do not receive one quarter the number of complaints as I do from AUTH SSL errors. I would be glad to work with you on this solution. I am zubov on #efnet and occasionally idle in #flashfxp with you nerds. I do not want to post my e-mail here as I'm sure all the spammers want me to.

thanks,
zubov
Closed Thread

Tags
connection, download, flashfxp, version, [r]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: