Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 10:21 AM   #1
howto

Default How to download upon connect?

Hi, I have just started using flashfxp and would like to be able to download from my entire ftp site upon connecting to it. My brother is unreliable when it comes to telling me what directory to download from and I'm not always available anyway.

As our internet connection is intermittent I must let it try to connect to the ftp site for some measure of time befor it finally gets through, and I'm not always there when it connects so I can select what specific directories to get.

Anyway as the directories are very small I may as well just get the whole thing but I can't see how to do that!?!

Methods I have tried so far that have only worked intermittently:

a) I tried saving a directory in the que list, then changed the name of the directory to the root, it looks like this:

Queue item edit
source
name (blank)
path (blank)
site (ip address of my site)

target
name C:
path (blank)
site my computer

I tried putting in "/" as the root directory but flashfxp just erases that automatically so I assume its not needed.

Can anyone offer me any advice? My internet connection is utterly horrible and I just can't get what I need any other way.

Old 09-25-2004, 10:57 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Leave the name blank and use "/" as the path for the source. I tested this and it appears to work perfectly.
Closed Thread

Tags
directory, download, flashfxp, ftp, site

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: