Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 02:35 AM   #1
FlyingJ

Default Alternatives

I know there was already a topic for this, but sadly it was closed. So no way to reply.

This has been driving me nuts for many months (trying to find a replacement). I search for a bit, give up and come back to it sometime later. So far, I have not been able to find a single replacement for FlashFXP that I like. I have tried Filezilla and a handful of the most commonly recommended names. However, nothing comes close to the clean interface of FlashFXP. Closest I have come thus far is Direct FTP (by the makers of Free FTP).

Has anyone run into a replacement yet that is as clean and pleasant as FlashFXP? Since we are going to be waiting a long time for any improvements/patches to this one, it would be wise to have a modern alternative installed as new features develop in the world.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:14 AM   #2
FlyingJ

It beats me up talking about alternatives to something I stood by for so long.

However, I think I might have dialed it down. FileZilla has too much of a sketchy history (malware and such), so I won't ever touch that one again. I still like DirectFTP the best as a candidate in terms of design, however, it hasn't been updated since 2017. That leaves me with the next best candidate I could find, CrossFTP. It seems to be updated commonly with late 2020 being the last update I believe. Completely open to opinions though.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:57 PM   #3
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

If FlashFXP still works for you, keep using it..
Old 05-11-2021, 01:38 PM   #4
FlyingJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon View Post
If FlashFXP still works for you, keep using it..
I plan on it mostly. However, I am planning for the future as new things develop and become available and FlashFXP slowly falls behind the game as there is no one to work on it for the time being.
Old 06-18-2021, 03:17 AM   #5
jhob

I have been using FileZilla for the last 4 months, but it has so many little UI annoyances that I found it very frustrating to use.

I've recently switched to WinSCP which I'm finding a lot more pleasant to use. It's not as clean as FlashFXP but I am finding the interface pretty intuitive and things work a lot more as expected than with FileZilla.
Old 07-02-2021, 03:29 AM   #6
jhob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhob View Post
I have been using FileZilla for the last 4 months, but it has so many little UI annoyances that I found it very frustrating to use.

I've recently switched to WinSCP which I'm finding a lot more pleasant to use. It's not as clean as FlashFXP but I am finding the interface pretty intuitive and things work a lot more as expected than with FileZilla.
After 2 weeks of using WinSCP I can say it's a far more pleasant experience. UI is a lot more consistent and I don't find it frustrating to use like FileZilla. The UI isn't too dissimilar to FlashFXP, once you've enabled Background processing by default (Preferences > Transfer > Background > Background Transfers - Enable queue processing by default) so my recommendation would definitely be to switch to WinSCP.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:16 PM   #7
theshadowboy

My advice is if FlashFXP is working, keep using it. We are expecting a new update from FlashFXP. Years have passed, but no updates. Hopefully, they will release a new update, and all the bugs will be fixed from this program.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:44 PM   #8
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowboy View Post
My advice is if FlashFXP is working, keep using it. We are expecting a new update from FlashFXP. Years have passed, but no updates. Hopefully, they will release a new update, and all the bugs will be fixed from this program.
You have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:52 AM   #9
jhob

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowboy View Post
The developer is in prison and not getting out for a good long while. If you're hoping for updates any time soon, or ever, you're going to find yourself disappointed.
Old 08-18-2021, 09:06 AM   #10
bshadowb
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Alternative

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingJ View Post
I know there was already a topic for this, but sadly it was closed. So no way to reply.

This has been driving me nuts for many months (trying to find a replacement). I search for a bit, give up and come back to it sometime later. So far, I have not been able to find a single replacement for FlashFXP that I like. I have tried Filezilla and a handful of the most commonly recommended names. However, nothing comes close to the clean interface of FlashFXP. Closest I have come thus far is Direct FTP (by the makers of Free FTP).

Has anyone run into a replacement yet that is as clean and pleasant as FlashFXP? Since we are going to be waiting a long time for any improvements/patches to this one, it would be wise to have a modern alternative installed as new features develop in the world.

Did you try WINSCP?
Closed Thread

Tags
clean, find, flashfxp, ftp, replacement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: