Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
r.haehnlein
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Bad Speeds with PASV mode?

Hello everyone,

I somehow have a problem that doesn't sound logical to me at all and I can't get any further with it, so I would like to ask for your help please.

When I use FlashFXP (or any other FTP Client for that matter) with ACTIVE Mode on, I get great download speeds up to 19 mb/s. But as soon as I switch to PASV Mode (because some servers don't work with active mode and produce error logs like the one below) my download speed seems to be capped at 7,79 mb/s.

Code:
200 PORT command successful
MLSD
PORT failed, try PASV mode!
I tried and confirmed this with several 10 Gbit Servers... with PASV Mode I can't get higher than 7,79 mb/s, not even for a second.

I thought about some wrong TCP RWIN Settings first and tried different settings.... and I tested all possible TCP Buffer sizes in the FlashFXP client as well... but nothing had a positive effect at all :/

Also I noticed that this only happens on Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate), on Windows 8.1 Pro (which I run on a different SSD) I reach 19 mb/s with PASV Mode, too. However I still wanna use Windows 7 as my main OS, so I would love to get this fixed and solved.

Looking forward to get any help/input. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Ralf
Old 05-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
r.haehnlein
FlashFXP Registered User

Okay can be closed, was a problem with my Windows 7 Installation.

/edit:

Code:
netsh interface tcp set global autotuningl=normal
solved the problem for me

Last edited by r.haehnlein; 05-14-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:44 AM   #3
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Smile Thanks for solution.

Thank you for providing the solution attached, it may help others that come across same question.

Tags
download, flashfxp, ftp, mode, pasv

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: