Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 01:56 AM   #1
MrGuvernment

Red face Slow SFTP transfer speeds, still

Hello All,

Way way way back in the day Iused to use FlashFXP religiously and loved it, after many many years of using filezilla i wanted to try it out again.

Using it I notice poor performance for SFTP connections, I then saw this thread

https://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flash...er-speeds.html

Which notes the exact same issue.

I set the buffers to 128, tried 256 and went up but it does not fix anything.

Using filezilla or WinSCP i can max out my connection at aboiut 35mb/s , around 3000kb/s+ but with Flash FXP i am stuck around 500-550KB/s MAC....

This is clearly an issue with flashfxp and in that other now locked thread it noted improvements had been made, but wondering why then is this performance issue still occurring?

Is one of the best ever FTP clients around not capable of handling SFTP?
Old 02-12-2017, 10:28 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I understand that you are experiencing poor performance over SFTP, please answer all of the following questions.

Are you using the latest version of FlashFXP? If not please download the latest version of FlashFXP.

What version of Windows are you using?

Does this happen when uploading or downloading?

Are you using a software firewall, such as Windows Firewall, ESET Smart Security, McAfee, etc?

There are several factors that can have a major impact on transfer speed, such as the encryption algorithm, message authentication codes (MACs), and compression. When comparing your results with other clients its important to make sure that these values match across clients.

Also what brand of software is the SFTP and what is the version? Different software brands sometimes require special internal settings for optimal performance or compatibility. Sometimes these settings change and need to be revisited.

The post you referenced is quite old and while adjusting the TCP/IP Buffer size can improve performance in some cases, typically you'll only gain about around 5%. However when set too high or low it can reduce performance by up to 50%.
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, fxp, issue, sftp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: