Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 01:59 PM   #1
redhat39
FlashFXP Registered User

Default FXP Can create directories but doesn't transfer files

I am wanting to move the files from one hosting account to another so I thought I'd do this with server-to-server FXP connection.

Both are VPS servers and I do have root access. Both are running Pure-FTP and have AllowUserFXP set to yes.

I can connect to both servers with no problem but when I try to transfer files the directories get created but no files will transfer. It just hangs and eventually times out and disconnects creating a zero bite file.

I've tried this both ways and it's the same either way.

So what could be the problem here?

Could there be something on my computer stopping the file transfers? I am running Win10 with FlashFXP v5.4

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:59 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Make sure both FTP servers are configured to allow active mode (PORT) and passive mode (PASV) transfers and that the port range is not being blocked by the firewall.

If I had to guess I'd say that a firewall on the server is blocking the connection. This might be an incoming or outgoing connection block.

Depending on your goals and assuming both servers are linux you might want to consider using rsync via a ssh terminal.
Closed Thread

Tags
files, flashfxp, fxp, problem, transfer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: