Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 09:18 PM   #1
matthewjavelin
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Upload Speeds Less than half my Connections ability

Flash FXP 5.30 build 3629 Licenced
Windows 10 - Gigabit ethernet
Windows Firewall only, application given full permissions
No AV running besides Win Defender.
VDSL2 100/40mbit connection.

I am experiencing upload speeds to my server using FlashFXP of less than half my connections ability. I am getting 1MB/sec upload to my server.

If I try Fetch FTP on my Mac sitting next to me I get over 2.5MB/sec upload and climbing. No other applications are running which can consume bandwidth, no limiters or download monitoring apps are running to limit my PC, I have full speed in Speedtest.net tests on the Windows PC so my connection is not somehow limited in the Windows environment. It seems to only be FlashFXP

I have tried setting at least 5 or 6 of the buffer settings to the same effect. Default, Auto, 32, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 8096 all same speed.

SFTP/SSH Passive mode. Same settings on my Mac yield the full upload ability. Have also enabled/disabled passive mode no effect.

Can you help?
Old 04-24-2016, 09:22 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Hello,

What type of server are you connecting to FTP, FTP+TLS, or SFTP?

After changing the TCP/IP buffer size did you disconnect and then reconnect to the server?

Can you check whether or not compression is enabled for the file transfer?
This can be verified by looking at the status-bar during the file transfer and if the compression icon is active then its enabled.

If compression is enabled you can turn it off via the Site Manager > Site Profile. For FTP and FTP+TLS uncheck the MODE Z compression options on the FTP tab. For FTP+TLS uncheck Use Compression on the SSL tab. For SFTP uncheck Use Compression on the SFTP tab.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:35 AM   #3
matthewjavelin
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Hello,

What type of server are you connecting to FTP, FTP+TLS, or SFTP?

After changing the TCP/IP buffer size did you disconnect and then reconnect to the server?

Can you check whether or not compression is enabled for the file transfer?
This can be verified by looking at the status-bar during the file transfer and if the compression icon is active then its enabled.

If compression is enabled you can turn it off via the Site Manager > Site Profile. For FTP and FTP+TLS uncheck the MODE Z compression options on the FTP tab. For FTP+TLS uncheck Use Compression on the SSL tab. For SFTP uncheck Use Compression on the SFTP tab.
Hello,

I have tried FTP and SFTP same results.

I did actually close and reopen Flash FXP each time I made any changes at all.

I have just tried with compression on and off both with FTP and SFTP with no improvement.

Any other ideas?
Old 04-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #4
matthewjavelin
FlashFXP Registered User

I just checked again on my Mac, getting 2.1MB/sec upload there to my server using SFTP, and FlashFXP with what seems to be the same settings is never going any faster than 1.1MB/sec.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:53 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

When changing the TCP/IP buffer size did you test "(default)" and "8KB", and based on your screenshots I assume you tested "(Auto)"

Aside for these settings there's really nothing more you can fine tune within FlashFXP to increase the speed.

Since you're comparing Fetch on your Mac to FlashFXP on your PC, perhaps the biggest overlooked factor might be the Windows PC, have you by chance tried another FTP client on your PC?

Another possibility is that maybe performance between FlashFXP and this server is not ideal, Can you please identify the brand of the server software and version running on the remote host.
Closed Thread

Tags
download, flashfxp, ftp, fxp, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: