Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 10:20 PM   #1
Opentoe

Default Recommend?

I've used just about every FTP client out there. I'm trying to stay away from FileZilla because it corrupts files all the time and since it is free, there is no motivation for them to fix anything. I've opted to use WinSCP, which is a free FTP client that support secure connections and all that, but doesn't let you connect to two servers at the same time to transfer files.

From the experts out there regarding FlashFXP is the main feature is that you can connect to two sites at the same time and transfer files without them even touching your computer? If that's really the only feature, than I'm trying to justify the $30, especially when WinSCP is free. If FlashFXP has some more features maybe that I'm not aware of, can you let me know what they might be? I have no problem paying for software, I just always make sure it is justified.

Thank you!
Old 01-23-2015, 10:51 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Some people love it and some people hate it.

Install the 30-day trial and give it a try, you've got nothing to loose.

P.S. The 30-day shareware notice dialog will sometimes display special limit quantity discounts that are not on the website, the only way to see these special offers is directly from within FlashFXP.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:30 PM   #3
Opentoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Some people love it and some people hate it.

Install the 30-day trial and give it a try, you've got nothing to loose.

P.S. The 30-day shareware notice dialog will sometimes display special limit quantity discounts that are not on the website, the only way to see these special offers is directly from within FlashFXP.
Yea, I'll have to check it out. I just did a server to server transfer and oddly 3 files failed to transfer. Each file was different. One was an *.exe file, one was a *.jpg file and one was a *.txt. Unfortunately I had logging turned off, but might be able to check the FTP logs on the server. I just have to find where they are. Usually they are in the MESSAGES file. Weird, huh?

Then I went back to those three failed files and manually transferred them one by one and they uploaded fine. Strange.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:16 AM   #4
SamKook

Also, it's great at avoiding corruption.

I had a ton of corruption problems with wincsp and an unstable ftp server, but with FlashFXP, it never corrupted a single file which is the reason I paid for it. I wanted reliable and I certainly got it.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:25 PM   #5
matt_15
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post
than I'm trying to justify the $30, especially when WinSCP is free. If FlashFXP has some more features maybe that I'm not aware of, can you let me know what they might be? I have no problem paying for software, I just always make sure it is justified.

Thank you!
The main developer responded to your request within an hour. THAT is worth 30 bucks by itself.

FFXP logs everything in the status window, I bet it would give a clue as to the nature of your problem with those three files transferring. FXP only works when both servers support it.

FFXP is by far and away the best ftp client available.. One of those top notch programs I use on a near daily basis.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:48 AM   #6
HawkDawg
FlashFXP Registered User

I've been using FFXP since 2007. I maintain 9 websites and the only problems I've ever had with it were of my own doing.
I highly recommend FFXP. Well worth the money.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:11 AM   #7
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

You cant even begin to compare scp to ffxp, support and bug fixing wise alone its worth the money. I dare you to find any software out there free or paid for that is actively supported and updated.. My guess is you wont find any that even compares or comes close to.

If when you done your trial youre not happy with it, then dont buy it and go elsewhere, I suspect if you looking for something that is constantly improving and has a solid reputation and is indeed reliable, then what can I tell you, it really sells itself for a minimal fee for lifetime free upgrades.

Lifetime free upgrades... jeez for 30 bucks... its a robbery, here take my money.

Last edited by X3; 02-02-2015 at 02:23 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, files, free, time, transfer, feature, connect, winscp, client, features, justify, $30, software, paying, make, justified, problem, aware, touching, support, secure, connections, filezilla, corrupts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: