Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
bartolomy
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Wits End

Hi all,

I have no idea what to do any more, perhaps someone can help me.

I cannot get flashfxp to properly start. meaning double clicking and expecting the window to open.

It will not show me an open window so I can access a ftp, but it is running in processes in the background.

The FlashFXP process blocks a reboot through the start button and a physical button press is needed after which the pc says 'windows did not shut down properly etc.'

I have virus scanned and there is nothing (I even used 3 different ones)

Then I have reformatted the hdrive and obviously done a fresh install, I only imported my sites nothing else And I managed to get in once and then the old problem came back.

Obviously something is wrong

I have only had this problem for a week now, and tried many things but I have no idea how to fix this, esp after the reformat...... I have not added any new sites etc., nothing has been changed internally by me.

Thanks for any help.

best

B

Last edited by bartolomy; 12-01-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flashf...e-posting.html
Old 12-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
bartolomy
FlashFXP Registered User

Sorry about that, here is the info as far as I can see

* FlashFXP latest build (d/l from the site a few days ago) regged
* OS Windows 7-32
* Running behind hardware router/firewall No
* Running software firewall yes Comodo at first but not at this mo.
* Running Antivirus [ ] Yes, Comodo at first and now AVG
* Internet Connection Virgin Fibre Optic 30MB
Old 12-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

If you start FlashFXP and continue to let it run for say 10min does it ever show up?

The only obvious thing that I can think of is maybe the default download folder is pointing to a network drive, slow device, or folder containing over 10k files.

In that situation it can result in a slow startup of FlashFXP.

To solve the problem the easiest solution would be to locate the FlashFXP.ini typically in %AppData%\FlashFXP\4 or %ProgramData%\flashfxp\4\ and rename the file. If renaming the file resolves the problem, close FlashFXP, then delete the new flashfxp.ini and rename the original back to flashfxp.ini, then open the flashfxp.ini in notepad and find the following values under [main] and delete the whole line and save the file. Start FlashFXP.

Download Directory=
DF1=
DF2=

Another possibility while extremely rare is that when you imported your sites it resulted in duplicate site identification tags, if duplicate site IDs are found then FlashFXP must re-generate the site ID's, this can be a time consuming process if you have 100s of sites.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:18 AM   #5
bartolomy
FlashFXP Registered User

Sorry for the slow reply, I did post one but it seems it did not get posted for some reason.

I changed the directory and that did do the trick, I found out my remote hdd dir contained 17K of files, so that explains the troubs.
Thanks again for the input, much appreciated!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, open, sites, window

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: