Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 05:09 AM   #1
topforge
FlashFXP Registered User

Unhappy import my backup site not see in folder

hello

excuse for my bad english.

I reinstalled flashfxp after a reinstallation of my system and updated to version 4.40 (build 1991) I save my site in a file named save.ftp flash site and it appears this type of extension 4 FlashFXP FTP Site file (. ftp)

I want to import my sites but when I go to import the sites he sees nothing when I go to the folder where the backup is stored. I tried all the versions as a precaution but nothing versions!

What should I do? thank you
Old 07-28-2013, 05:43 AM   #2
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Welcome to forums.

See this for .ftp import http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flashf...-question.html or http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flashf...port-site.html

For future reference you can goto tools>backup and restore operation and select backup or restore that takes care of all sites and ffxp setting in one go.. see http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flashf...iguration.html
Old 07-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

(For future reference)

The Site Manager > Export feature should not be used for this type of situation. The .ftp export file does not contain all site related information and restoring a .ftp export is not an exact copy of the original site.

The recommended and preferred way is to use the Tools > backup/restore feature as suggested by X3.

Another option is to backup the data files directly but this must be used with caution, we've had reports of users inadvertently backing up the wrong set of data files only to find out after its too late that the files that they backed up contained old or the default values and not their current sites/settings. You can always find the current location to the FlashFXP data files within FlashFXP under the main menu Help > About > Details Tab > FlashFXP Data Folder.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
wonderful
FlashFXP Registered User

I think I made a similar mistake, please help. On my older pc iinstalled flashfxp on a removable flash drive, then i got a new pc i took that flash drive and inserted to the new pc , I downloaded latest version of flashfxp today and installed it, then I realize I need to go back to the old pc to do a backup, I then inserted the flash drive back to the old pc but the back up and restore is empty. However, I saw a file called Configuration Settings in the older installed location it has a list of my previous ftp sites. Where should I place this file under the new install to restore it?

Many thanks,
Old 08-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #5
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Recommended method

Do like it said on http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flashf...iguration.html on old pc, save the whatever.fbk on the removable drive and restore it on new pc.

However, if your having problems with following those instructions.....

This is a NOT recommended method.

To know exactly where files need to go, greatly depends on where you installed flashfxp, if it was a portable install or regular install.

1) Open FlashFXP on your old PC and Open Help>About>Details tab
2) Copy to clipboard and paste in a your reply here for more guidance.

For e.g mine is like this

Code:
FlashFXP version: 4.4.1 (build 1998)
Operating System: Windows 7 x64 Service Pack 1
Installation type: Per User - User data folder

Program folder  [Access: Read / Write]
C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashFXP 4\

Data folder  [Access: Read / Write]
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\FlashFXP\4\

Shared data folder  [Access: Read / Write]
C:\ProgramData\FlashFXP\4\

Temp folder  [Access: Read / Write]
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\
So in my case Im looking at Data folder [Access: Read / Write]
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\FlashFXP\4\

And the files to copy to same path are something like this.

Hope this helps you.

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, import, site, versions

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: