Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
gieri

Question Mulitransfer Files and THumbview

Hello,

I used till now SmartFTP, but changed over to FlashFXP cause it´s faster and more stable. But I miss two things and may be this feature are already in FXP but I didn´t found it

1. When I transfer some Files or a large File to a FTP directory, I cant switch to another directory on the FTP Server to start another file transfer. Is it not possible to start a multitransfer on the same server?

2. Is it possible to set the view to Thumbview? Sometimes it is quite helpy when you searching for an image in a directory on the server. May you can limit the size of the thumb, for example: images not larger then 10kb, so big photoshop images are not previewed

For any hint,

thank you very much

Regards
gieri
Old 06-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

1. If directory listing is already cached, then you can switch to it and queue up additional files. But presently you can not transfer multiple files at once.
2. In order to generate preview thumbnails, you have to download those files. If that's the case, then you might as well just download those files and pick what you want.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Welcome to Forums

In addition to what Mxxcon said, and if I understand this well.

1) You need to open another instance and connect to that server and initiate any other file transfer from a new instance.

2) Presently, from within Flashfxp the maximum you can display is icon not thumbnails anyway.

To change the views on local/remote pane click F6 Preferences>Interface>Display>List Icons, (Drop down menu) Large Icon, Small Icon, List, Details

None of those views gives a preview of any image though no matter where they are local/remote as you can see, from screenshot.

To preview images at this moment you need to (download files temporarily by right click/select view) use a 3rd party tool which you can associate within FlashFXP what application you want to view/edit files with.

You can submit a feature enhancement for the thumbnail preview http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/tracke...er_projectid=4
Personally I find it helpful since I work a lot with images.

Multi-transfer as been asked for multiple times, as I understand it FlashFXP needs to have quite a lot of work done to support this multitransfer. Current development is focused on full unicode support on v5 beta. So maybe in future.

Last edited by X3; 06-26-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:39 AM   #4
gieri

Hello and Thx for your replies,

@X3, yes that is exaclty what I need. When you work a lot with small web grafix, often it would help if you could see a thumb ob the image. It saves a lot time for me.

I will try the caching of the directory, to switch during an upload.
Anyway, I´m not a developer, but I can´t imagine that is so difficult to start another session in the background to the ftp when I dragNdrop another file to another directory. May you can define the amount of active connections to the same server?

Best regards.

gieri
Old 06-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by gieri View Post
Anyway, I´m not a developer, but I can´t imagine that is so difficult
Well, imagine that in this case it is, otherwise FlashFXP would have it long time ago.

Tags
directory, flashfxp, ftp, fxp, server

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: