Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #16
MennoJ

Third one in line to try and solve this problem. Let me give some extra information:

When starting FlashFXP either from the Domain Administrator account or Run as Administrator from a user account, the fodler and file icons in the file / folder list (either local or remote) show up prefectly.

Wehn starting FlashFXP from within (a newly created) user account as the user themselves, no folder nor file icons show up.

Conclusion: it's a matter of security. Question is: on which folder?

As stated above, server is Windows Server 2008 R2. FlashFXP has just been updated to the latest version (4.4.2 build 2027). Nothing changed.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #17
MennoJ

Thanks to Nirosft ProcessActivityViewer, I have discovered, that -even though this is configured in AD- the mapped user folder is not accessible properly for FlashFXP. After manually mapping a drive letter to the user folder, it works again.

So for anyone who runs into this problem: run flashfxp.exe from above program, see which folders / files it tries to access, and draw your conclusions there!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #18
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Thank you very much for the update, I am looking into this to see if there is something we can do within FlashFXP to resolve this problem without requiring these additional steps to be taken.

Is the mapped user folder accessible from other applications or is it only not accessible for FlashFXP?

I know that windows (shell32 api library) loads the icon cache db from a file located in the user folder
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\IconCache.db

Though this is all done internally by the shell32 api library and we interface with this library for all shell related operations.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #19
MennoJ

The drive is entirely not accessible. In AD, the user Home folder is mapped to H: and located on the PDC, but it doesn't show or allow access through Windows Explorer. The H: drive contains a folder WINDOWS, which is where FlashFXP trips. For completeness, I should add that user folders are redirected to the PDC, might be relevant.

What I do think, however, that basically, there's nothing so important there, that FlashFXP should trip there... As you stated above, the IconCache.db is located in the user profile, which in this case is also redirected to the server, yet IS accessible, and therefor should not create this particular problem. But then again, I'm no programmer and miss the more detailed knowledge of how this could create the issue. As far as I'm concerned, it could be a "bug" or it make complete sense to someone more knowledgeable to the deeper workings of Windows.

Either way, our customer is very happy to have the problem solved after a long time, and in the process, I fixed another problem with Adobe Acrobat 9, when it would crash on opening a Word document, converting and emailing it directly, and Acrobat would crash at that very moment (at least 99 out of 100 tries)
Closed Thread

Tags
device, grtz, icons, idea, users

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: