Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
MTracy

Default Move Contents of Folder

I am using 4.3.1 build 1951 with a business license on Server 2008 R2.

Every night we transfer files from one location to another. This transfer uses a rule where, if the file is not present in the destination, transfer it. This has worked fine, except that we now need to rename files once they hit the destination. Therefore, they will be transferred a second time the next night, which we don't want.

My thought is to move the source files to another location after they are done transferring -- a location that isn't included in the nightly transfer. I cannot sort out a way to do this. I can queue the movement of the folder, but I only want the contents of the folder transferred, not the folder itself. I need the folder structure to remain the same.

In my research I found this thread, but I do not wish to delete the files, only move them.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

If that post you read works you can instead of enqueue delete you can enqueue move instead on whatever you wish.

So select all the files you want moving right click and enqueue move (ctrl+alt+M) and select a move location when prompted (make sure the location you want to move the files to exists).
Old 06-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
MTracy

Unfortunately the files in the folder change daily, so I can't enqueue the files themselves. I need a way to enqueue the contents of the folder, without moving the folder itself.

Last edited by MTracy; 06-17-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
MTracy

If this isn't possible and/or can't be implemented, how about an option to run a program when a scheduled transfer is finished?

For example, you can currently have FlashFXP exit, or log off the computer, or shut it down. If there were an option to start a specific program, I'd point it towards a batch file that does what I need and have that run. I cannot schedule the batch file on its own because it has to happen after the transfer, not during, and the transfer finishes at a different time depending on how many new files there were.

In the meantime I am going to have another program watch FlashFXP's log folder, and when a new log is created for this job (signifying the job is done), it will trigger the batch file. I'd rather not rely on that because said program resides on a different computer from the one FlashFXP and the batch file are on.

Last edited by MTracy; 06-17-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Not atm no, scheduling is tasks maybe via cmd line idk, not familiar with that part, thouugh you can schedule a queue and then queue that folder and enqueue /move. idk
Old 06-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
MTracy

As mentioned I can't do enqueue>move because that moves the whole folder, and I need the folder to stay where it is.

I thought about moving it then re-creating it, but when that occurs a second time, the move fails because the folder already exists and it's unable to merge them. The specific error I get is "Directory Not Empty".
Old 06-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #7
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

How about after your done load the files you want to move into a queue and enqueue move, create a schedule or save the queue (whatever suits) and when you add more files to that queue just add the file before the enqueue command.

It may be possible that a feature enhancement to run a program after FlashFXP is done and sort this out that way, idk since the main sceduler ffxp uses is the windows scheduler and that can perform actions (which is run program/script.

Submit a Feature request @ http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/tracke...er_projectid=4 link this thread and maybe a better suggestion or addition will serve you better.

Or maybe someone will come along and suggest something better.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
MTracy

The files change daily, so constantly changing the queue would be more work than just moving the files manually.

I'll submit a feature request. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

An alternative would be if FlashFXP would be able to move or enqueue all folder contents without moving the actual folder just its contents whatever those may be or also add a filter or rule option in addition to that so one could fine tune what files types one wants moved.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
MTracy

Yep, that's what I was originally looking for, similar to what was put in for the enqueue>delete command.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #11
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

This is on my TODO list and is something I personally need as well but customers come first.. On that note let me see what I can come up with.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #12
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I have sent you a private message with a development build for testing, this build includes enqueue > move folder content
Old 06-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #13
MTracy

Works great, thank you!
Closed Thread

Tags
files, folder, location, move, transfer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: