Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
oartemenko
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Doesn't download all the files

Hello,

I've ran into a problem attempting to download files from an FTP server via FlashFXP. I do this to update a website once in a while, and I have seen this consistently multiple times.

Somebody uploads files to the FTP server for deployment. At which point I go to the FTP and prepare the deployment to go live. I download the files via FlashFXP, however the application sometimes MISSES NEW files that are in directories.

I've seen this in directories nested 2-3 down from root of the download location. However i have not seen any new files added to the root folder, so not sure if it is because of nested dirs.

Also please note that the upload to the FTP of files that i subsequently download is in a different timezone then I am location when i download the files.

It seemes that FlashFXP caches the view of the FTP folders and doesn't refresh it unless i click refresh specificalyl (even through i connect to the ftp server a second time). Also refreshing at the root folder doesn't seem to work, i need to go into the folder with new files and refresh there. No errors were observed during the transfer of the files.

This seems like a bug in the caching of the software, does anyone know of a workaround or something to ensure that the file list downloaded is complete when i reconnect to the server?

EDIT:
This is seen on FlashFXP 4.3.1 build 1951, registered.
Windows 7
Hardware firewall
No software firewall
No software antivirus
DSL connection

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by oartemenko; 06-07-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Welcome to forums.

Post a full session log when this happens and upgrade to latest stable build, live update should have it.

One thing that comes to mind is if said files are still not uploaded completely and your downloading before things are fully available, just a guess.

Caching you can set in (F6) Preference>Connection /Folder caching

You have 3 options

[x] Enable cache
[x] Refresh on file transfer
[x] Expire after (set time)
[min(s)]

Last edited by X3; 06-07-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

For this situation I would highly recommend that you make sure that the global setting that X3 is referring to in the preferences is checked.

From the main menu, Options > Preferences

Then from the Preferences dialog under Connection / Folder caching

[x] Refresh on file transfer

This will ensure that no files are missed, now depending on the situation if the user uploading the files is uploading the files while you are downloading its possible that some files might be missed, in which case you'll want to wait until the person uploading has indicated that all files are uploaded.

You can also clear the cache at any time within FlashFXP from the main menu, Directory > Clear folder cache
Old 06-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
oartemenko
FlashFXP Registered User

Thanks for the response, i will test out the proposed solution.

The issue happened when the files have completed the upload (of this i am 100% sure).
Closed Thread

Tags
download, files, flashfxp, ftp, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: