Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
smaragdus
FlashFXP Registered User

Default 'Import Sites' question

FlashFXP 4.3.1 Build 1979 registered
Windows 8
No Firewall
Avast!
Cable

Hi there,

My old machine broke, I moved to a new one so I lost all my sites and bookmarks. I have a back-up of my sites created by FTP Rush exported into XML and TXT files. Since FlashFXP does not accept XML files I tried to import the TXT file but without success. So I spent more than two hours to import all my sites and bookmarks manually.

I would like to ask whether there is a simple way to import sites and bookmarks from FTP Rush.

I have just created a FlashFXP Back-Up file- FBK. I would like yo know whether this FBK file would restore my sites besides my settings in case of a future failure.

Regards
Old 06-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Arrow No rush

Welcome to forums.

Yes the FlashFXP backup file .fbk restores/backups everything including sites and passwords in said sites, bookmars and everything the version of flashfxp backup supported/contained, including program prefs, afaik I dont think it can import sites from ftprush.

Below is all the supported sites and whatever formats they use, so it may pay if the FlashFXP restore doesnt have all the sites you need, to adjust the format of your xml or text a bit to compensate. though that does mean you need to mess with the file layouts

'Import Sites' question-sites-jpg
Attached Thumbnails
'Import Sites' question-sites-jpg  
Old 06-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
smaragdus
FlashFXP Registered User

Thanks for the response and for the tips. I will back-up this FBK file to an external drive and in the cloud in case some unpleasant happens in the future.

I cannot see the attached image yet but I will have a look at it when it is approved.

Thank you again for taking your time to answer my question.

Regards
Old 06-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Arrow

Here is the image

Im sure you seen that list anyway but I post it here for reference. Hope any of it is helpful.

Perhaps bigstar knows a way to import sites from standard xml or whatever format your xml uses. Text files are also supported depending on format, though your closer with xml in format like this see this link

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<!--comment-->
  <SITE NAME="somesitename">
    <GROUP>\Mygroups\</GROUP>
    <PROTOCOL>FTP</PROTOCOL>
    <ADDRESS>ip_or_address</ADDRESS>
    <PORT>21</PORT>
    <USERNAME>username</USERNAME>
    <PASSWORD>M]passwords</PASSWORD>
    <LOCALPATH>somepath</LOCALPATH>
    <PASSIVE>DEFAULT</PASSIVE>
    <SSL>AUTH TLS</SSL>
  </SITE>
</SITES>
And save the xml with .ftp extension double click it and it should automatically import the site(s) into FlashFXP.

Im not familiar with bookmarks in the the above format or if its supported by Flashfxp.

Last edited by X3; 06-07-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The FlashFXP backup file (FBK) contains everything.

When restoring a FBK you'll have an option to restore the [ ] settings, [ ] site list, [ ] custom commands.

I haven't added support for importing another FTP client software for quite some time, these formats change so much that its not practical for me to maintain and update formats for all the different FTP clients. I have found that it is better to focus my time an energy on improving other aspects of FlashFXP.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #6
smaragdus
FlashFXP Registered User

@X3
Yes I have seen this menu. I will have a look at the link you provided.

I was punished for my negligence but since I have managed to restored all my data (manually), everything is fine.

I have already created a back-up file and if something unpleasant happens in the future I will be prepared.

You are extremely kind and helpful, I appreciate it!

Regards

Last edited by smaragdus; 06-07-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #7
smaragdus
FlashFXP Registered User

@bigstar

Of course I agree that it is not necessary that FlashFXP should provide support for importing sites from all FTP clients. FlashFXP supports a good number of other FTP clients for importing of sites, I fact I have never seen another FTP client that supports as many clients as FlashFXP does.

I just wonder, has ever support for WevDAV been discussed? It is not that important, yet I am asking since I am still forced to use either the abandoned BitKinex or the Java-based (I don't like Java) AnyClient for connecting via WebDAV.

Regards
Old 06-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #8
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Webdav has popped up in a conversation or two, atm I wouldn't expect any changes in this, since full unicode support on v5 beta is more important atm.. For webdav perhaps cyberduck for now.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #9
smaragdus
FlashFXP Registered User

@X3

Yes, I agree that full Unicode support is much more important.

About Cyberduck- I have tried it before and I don't like it, especially its one-panel interface.It seems its developer is not willing to implement the common two-panel interface.

Regards
Closed Thread

Tags
bookmarks, flashfxp, ftp, import, sites

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: