Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
chris22
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Windows 2008 server - FlashFXP scheduler now broken

I have been running FlashFXP on a Windows 2008 server with scheduled tasks just fine for several months. I was running v 4.2.3 Build 1771.

When I updated to 4.2.5 Build 1813 - scheduled tasks stopped working.

They are setup correctly - I edited and double checked them - but they will not execute when logged out of the server.

If I load the queue file and manually transfer - everything works fine. The sessions and the queue files are correct.

I thought maybe it was the server, so I built a new one from scratch using Windows 2008 R2 - same problem. FlashFXP works fine, but scheduled tasks do not execute.

What changed from 4.23 to 4.25 in how FlashFXP interacts with Windows Scheduler?

Thanks,

Chris
Old 08-29-2012, 03:54 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I don't believe anything was changed between those builds as far as the task scheduling goes. I only just recently started fixing/improving a few things in the task scheduler.

The default task setting is to run the scheduled task only when the user is logged in.

If you previously unchecked this setting and entered a password perhaps it has reverted to being checked again, or if the user account password has changed you need to update it.

---

We've made some changes to the task scheduler in our latest beta releases, FlashFXP can now run scheduled tasks (with limited permissions) under the Service4User method and not require the user account password.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #3
chris22
FlashFXP Registered User

No - the box checked and password entered properly - I've re-edited the tasks several times and scheduler won't save the task without the correct password. As noted in my post - it was working - I applied the update - it stopped working.

I then built a new machine from scratch - installed the latest version of FlashFXP software - and it is not working.

You can open an Amazon AWS account, fire up a Windows 2008 Server for free, and test it yourself in just a few minutes.

Would love a resolution before I abandon FlashFXP for another solution. Please let me know what you find.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I have tested a local machine running Windows 2008 R2 Server and I have not been able find any problems, everything appears to work correctly in my tests.

Assuming FlashFXP is configured correctly to run the task regardless of whether the user is logged in or not then the task should run.. If its not running is there an error message?

Do you have logging enabled for the task? You might want to enable session logging to help troubleshoot the issue.

Also for reference what type of entries does the transfer queue contain, uploads, downloads, or site to site transfers?

If you've tried all that and you're still having problem can you please try the latest development build, you can download it here
Old 08-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
chris22
FlashFXP Registered User

I tested again and here is what I found. When I simply upload a file from the local drive to a server, it works okay. When I try to do a server to server transfer, it appears that the scheduler loads the job, but it gets stuck in the FlashFXP queue.

Again - the earlier version was working - I did not change anything - it stopped working when I updated the software on my original server.

And this test server is a new install, using all the same settings (like using indirect instead of direct transfer as my server does not support this) - so it does appear that something changed in the last build.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Can you please turn on session logging for the scheduled task and then send me a copy of the session log via the contact us link, I think that would be the best way for us to figure out exactly whats going on.
Closed Thread

Tags
fine, flashfxp, server, tasks, windows

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: