Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
timmmay

Default Skip empty folder & queue

Hello all.

First time poster, but have been using FlashFXP for years. I thought back in v3 that at one time if you enabled the skiplist to skip an empty folder that it would not add that folder to the queue or if it did the folder wouldn't end up as a failed transfer still sitting in the queue?

I'm currently running FlashFXP 4.2.4.1784 and have skiplist enabled and the checkbox checked for skipping empty folders (in Filters), however it is still adding it to the queue. Is there a way for it to NOT add it to the queue at all or not have the skipped folder show up as a failed transfer when the queue is finished?

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:21 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

In what direction is the transfer being performed, Upload, download, or site to site?

If FlashFXP is unable to enter the folder it could be marked as failed, i.e. permission denied or some other error.

For example I created an empty folder named /TEST and then set the permissions to deny access, even though I know this folder is empty it will be marked as failed because FlashFXP is unable to enter the folder and since it cannot enter the folder it doesn't know whether or not it is really empty.

CWD /TEST
550 /TEST: No such file or directory

Now if I change the permissions back to allow access to the /TEST folder.

CWD /TEST
250 CWD command successful
PWD
257 "/TEST" is the current directory
<removed directory list commands>
Skip [empty folder]: /TEST/
Old 08-24-2012, 02:08 AM   #3
timmmay

bigstar,

Thanks for your response.

The transfer is download (from site to my hdd). It appears it's a write permission thing with the folder, as my log is showing the 550 No such file or folder message. Makes sense to me. I guess different users have different permission levels on these particular folders.

Just to give you an idea of what's going on, I browse to say, //folder1/folder2/. folder2 has a dir/folder in it as well as different types of files (zip/rar, txt, etc.). That folder inside folder2 is nothing more than something that describes the completeness of the files within folder2 (50% complete, 100% complete, etc.) - let's the user/browser know if any files are missing or incomplete - part of the site script when files are uploaded/fxp'd.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

What I'd suggest is to add the folder to your skip list. Depending on how the folder is named add something like
* complete*
and set the scope to Name of folder
Old 10-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #5
slrzo
FlashFXP Registered User

Hello,

I also have a little problem with my skip list.
When I set the filter to *complete* it skips the folder. But the filter is to unspecific. Sometimes I have folders with blablabla.complete.blabla. I tried setting the filter to [*]*complete*[*] as that's the exact filter I need, but it's being ignored.
In my tests it seems that the [ is the problem because I can set the filter to *]*complete*] and it works.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The [ character is special because it is used to define a character set pattern block, to matchthe [ character it must be escaped with a \ so changing it to \[ should resolve the problem.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
slrzo
FlashFXP Registered User

thank you bigstar for the quick reply.

Using \ as escape character works perfect.
Closed Thread

Tags
empty, flashfxp, folder, queue, skiplist

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: