Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 05:17 AM   #1
cog01
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Local folder seems to change by itself

Hi all

I'm connected to a remote FTP site and working with a folder structure like this:

/
/2
/3

My local folder structure is like this:

c:\Users\Username\workspace\ver1
c:\Users\Username\workspace\ver2
c:\Users\Username\workspace\ver3

A file existed in /2 remotely and /ver2 locally. The file did not exist anywhere else.

I tried to download a file from the remote /2 folder into my local \ver3 folder, deliberately.

Whenever I released the mouse button from the drag process, FlashFXP changed the local folder back to /ver2 and requested overwrite permission. I have not been using synchronised browsing. Disconnecting and reconnecting FTP did not solve the problem - but restarting the software did.

Perhaps this is expected behaviour and I accidentally switched on some feature or other - does anyone know?

I'm using an evaluation of 4.2.4 build 1783 on Windows 7 32 bit.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

That's quite unusual, was the transfer queue empty when you attempted to transfer the file?

The only thing I can think of is perhaps there was a previous transfer queued to download to the /2 folder.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
cog01
FlashFXP Registered User

I didn't pay proper attention to the queue or the operations window! If I see it again I'll take notes, screengrabs and post back. Thank you for the quick response; I will now purchase the software - 90% cos it's a great product, 10% cos dev support like this is so rare, especially as I didn't read the 'read before posting' and didn't provide much information in my post!

Thanks again.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
cog01
FlashFXP Registered User

... I have now purchased the software, halfway though the evaluation period. Excellent product, thank you.

The first thing I tested was the upgrade process, which ALSO works smoothly, simply and as expected.

Thanks - again.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate it
Closed Thread

Tags
download, flashfxp, folder, ftp, local

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: