Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
tertling
FlashFXP Registered User

Default FlashFXP command line switches problem

Hi there,

I'm a long-time user of FlashFXP and recently started automating uploads via command-line switches. Now it turned out that some uploads were not ok, so I was looking for a way to create a logfile so I can check for broken/interrupted transfers later.

The helpfile states that I can supply the -logfile="<path>" switch to create a logfile for the session that was initiated through the command line, but whatever I try, as soon as I add -logfile the the command-line, FlashFXP errors out and reports this error in the GUI event log:

Error: " MyFtpGroup[strange character] MyFtpSite" -logfile="MyLogfile.log" not found in Site Manager

My full command line looks like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashFXP 4\flashfxp.exe" -upload "\MyFTPGroup\MyFTPSite" -remotepath="/whatever/remote/path/needed/" -localpath="C:\Whatever\Upload\Folder\" -logfile="C:\logfiles\transfer.log" -c2

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? I just updated to the latest 4.2 release and it still behaves the same. Any pointers are greatly appreciated
Old 03-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
nayan007
Banned

Before updating into the new release did you faced any problem
Old 03-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
tertling
FlashFXP Registered User

The problem already occurred before the 4.2 update. I usually update whenever new versions are available and haven't had much of a problem at all during the last years. This is the first time I run into a serious problem (at least serious for me right now).
Old 03-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

It would appear that this part of the help file is incorrect.

Specifically the switch -logfile= is incorrect.

it should be -logpath=<path> and -logopt=00000000

1 = on
0 = off

Each index (1-8) identifies which log file to enable

1. log session
2. log uploads
3. log downloads
4. log fxp
5. log successful (must be combined with 2, 3, or 4)
6. log failed (must be combined with 2, 3, or 4)
7. log skipped (must be combined with 2, 3, or 4)
8. log summary

So to log the session only you would use FlashFXP.exe -logpath="C:\data\logs\" -logopt=10000000
Old 03-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
tertling
FlashFXP Registered User

That's great news. Thanks for the fast reply! I'll try that right now Will it overwrite an existing file or append to it?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Within the log folder you should see date formatted folders created for each individual session.log that is saved.

To be quite honest since these switches weren't properly documented you just might be the first person to use them aside from myself and unfortunately I do not recall the latest time I've tested them. I have made a note to evaluate these switches to insure that they are working as intended.

UPDATE

You might need to adjust one setting in FlashFXP, From within FlashFXP > Options > Preferences > General > Logging.

Make sure the option "Store logs in unique session folders" is checked, otherwise all the log files will be combined.

When this option is checked each session will have its own unique log files stored in a date formatted folder, otherwise you will have combined logs for all sessions, which would make debugging extremely difficult.

Last edited by bigstar; 03-07-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
command, flashfxp, line, logfile, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: