Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 07:56 AM   #1
maxorrex

Default Problem with trasfer site-to-site

Hello, so I recently tried to use FlashFXP for moving files from one ftp server to another but it failed. Can someone please could tell me how to solve this problem? I simply can login to both servers and im able to see all files. I can also DL things from servers to my PC or upload them. But when its coming to doing something between two ftp servers it fails... I searched for this problem google but didnt find much. I know both servers should allow flashxp transfer and im sure they do it, becouse my two friends dont have this problem and they r on same servers and they are also using flashfxp. So what can i do? i turned off firewall but it didnt helped..
Old 12-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/genera...e-posting.html
Old 12-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Nearly all FTP servers are configured with site to site transfers disabled by default.

This is a setting that must always be changed in order to allow site to site transfers.

In most cases you will need root access on the machine to re-configure the FTP server to allow site to site transfers, as this requires editing the FTP server configuration file.

ProFTPD requires setting the config option AllowForeignAddress = on in the proftpd.conf
http://www.proftpd.org/docs/howto/FXP.html

PureFTPD requires using the command line switch --allowuserfxp

vsFTPD requires setting the config option pasv_promiscuous = yes in the vsftpd.conf
http://vsftpd.beasts.org/vsftpd_conf.html

FlashFXP also supports indirect site to site transfers where the transfer is downloaded to your local machine and then uploaded to the destination server, this mode is intended for people who want the ease of site to site transfers but are unable to re-configure their servers to allow direct site to site transfers.

To configure FlashFXP to use indirect site to site transfers from within FlashFXP > Site Manager > Select your site > Transfer Tab, now Change the site to site method to "indirect (protocol independent)" and click the Apply button. Now try your transfer again, this time it will be performed indirectly and should transfer without any problems.
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, problem, servers, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: