Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
zebraitis

Question FTP Transfer: Maintain Date and Time of original file

Folks,

Just signed up to post this question. (was using 4.0.0, just upgraded to 4.1.6 on Win7Ult 64-bit)

On my home network, I used FlashFXP to restore 4.5GB of data from my back up disk to my NAS that suffered a failure.

Good news: Everything transfered well, no data lost.

Bad News: My NAS wrote the date and time that the file was transferred by FlashFXP and written during that transfer.

So, minor problem... When I use SyncBack (http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/sbse.html) to run a syncronise of the two devices, it seen that the date and time is different... and wants to do another complete overwrite.
(unless I ignore the date / time entirely)

So... Is there a way that I can use FlashFXP to re-sync the date and time of hose files without re-writing it all again?

Is it a setting that I may have overlooked?

Thanks!

Vincent
Old 11-29-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

By default FlashFXP will preserve the date/time of all files uploaded and downloaded, however not all FTP servers are able to preserve the date/time on upload. Some FTP servers do not support this functionality and some by default don't allow it.

If you were uploading the files to your NAS via FTP then I suspect that the NAS FTP server software doesn't support the capability of setting the date/time.

If this is in fact a limitation of the FTP server software then I'm afraid you'd need to find another way to sync the file date/time.

FlashFXP only supports syncing the date/time during file transfers. This is quite an unusual and unique situation that unfortunately can't be done with FlashFXP at this time. A feature like this could be added but I'm not sure if this would be something that would add much value to FlashFXP. Aside from your situation I'm not sure if there are other situations where this would be useful. And if the FTP server doesn't support setting the date/time then this feature wouldn't work.
Closed Thread

Tags
date, flashfxp, ftp, time, transfer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: