Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
chris22
FlashFXP Registered User

Default How to supress automatic update messages...

Flash FXP v4.1.5 (build 1668)

I would like to suppress any update messages that pop up when starting Flash FXP. I run some automated scripts and this is creating a problem, causing the script not to run (waiting on a response I guess).

I went into Options, Preferences and un-checked Live Update Auto check - but it did it again today.

How do I stop Flash FXP from doing any checks when the program starts?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. When running FlashFXP via the command line for automation the update check should not be performed. This might be a bug.

Could you please give me some examples of the type of command lines you are using?

In addition several builds were released with the update check forced on. We use a specific compiler flag that determines if the update check uses the user defined setting or is forced on, for development test builds this flag is turned on, however we've slipped a few times and forgot to turn it off in regular releases.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #3
chris22
FlashFXP Registered User

I simply setup some tasks using the built in scheduling function. Creates a Windows task (XP SP3). After the command, it added the following:

-c2 -tray -task="taskname" -logopt="00000000" "path to the .fqf file"

Does this help?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The update check will never run during a scheduled task, there is a special exclusion to insure that this doesn't happen. This has been thoroughly tested. Is it possible that perhaps the issue you experienced might not be related to the update check?
Old 11-16-2011, 06:31 AM   #5
Elric1977

Flash FXP v4.1.3 (build 1658) appears to have the same issue. According to the OP this is present in the current build aswell.

Can you confirm when the next stable release (without automatic updates being mandatorily enabled) will be available?

We have a corporate deployment to perform, and I dont want users being prompted to download an update they cannot install. (100+ users). Lucky I'm paranoid and did another install today or I would have looked quite the fool. Please dont let this happen again.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric1977 View Post
Flash FXP v4.1.3 (build 1658) appears to have the same issue. According to the OP this is present in the current build aswell.

Can you confirm when the next stable release (without automatic updates being mandatorily enabled) will be available?

We have a corporate deployment to perform, and I dont want users being prompted to download an update they cannot install. (100+ users). Lucky I'm paranoid and did another install today or I would have looked quite the fool. Please dont let this happen again.
As far as I can tell this issue does not exist in the current build (3.1.5.1668).

Additional options are available to corporate customers, Please contact us directly using the contact us link.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:28 AM   #7
Elric1977

I did a test install yesterday using the client I specified. The autoupdate option is unchecked in the options, and when I open the application, I have an update message stating that there is an update available with a bugfix list. So it is present in my build. The OP stated he was getting this error with the current build - Flash FXP v4.1.5 (build 1668) but I will do a test install with this client and see if I get the error. Have you kept the same version and updated the install?

I will ask the TSM to get in touch in order to obtain these additional corporate options. Please can you supply a full list when she gets in contact as we're UK based.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

We have released an update 4.1.6 and I can confirm that this new build does not force the update check.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:30 AM   #9
Elric1977

Thanks for your help.
Closed Thread

Tags
flash, fxp, messages, run, update

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: