Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
blaster00

Default Did bandwidth control changed since flashfxp 4.1.2/4.1.3

When using flashfxp 4.1.0, it can use the whole net bandwidth left in the system.
After update to 4.1.2/4.1.3, when only flashfxp is running and no other net activity, it is fast; but if there are other apps running such as web browser(opera) downloader(jdownloader), flashfxp can use about half of the bandwidth even there is a lot left.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

SO your saying that 4.1.o irrespective of having other apps working like web browsers and the jdownloader FlashFXP still consumed all the available bandwidth and newer versions dont?

Just to clarify I'm running the very latest 4.1.3 1660 build and flashFXP will use all bandwidth that remains if other application are not reserving any bandwidth which they tend to do normally.

Perhaps you would like to revisit your router and any QOS setting it may be applying or FlashFXP settings in Preferences>Connections (Network friendly Qos) to disabled.

If you want max bandwidth WAN side to be available to FlashFXP you shouldn't be running any programs that reserve or lock a % of the bandwidth...

Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #3
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I think this belong in this topic not in this current one.... sorry

With FlashFXP uploading to any FTP non SSL I got around ~220KB/s with a Linux VM Built in FTP I git Around 800KB/s ++

This of course is local to remote WAN FTP server, Even My own webspace provided by own ISP and others....

That speedtest is probably the lowest Ive had in a long time perhaps because of all the work they doing around this area "upgrading" and breaking the lines...

Build 4.1.3 build 1660 beta

I tested anything from default buffer to 1024K buffer at each attempt speeds got worst to around 128KB/s

this was actually using default buffer.... 128K out of 1.02Meg Upload speed available...

Last edited by X3; 10-16-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: think it belongs on another thread this post... sorry sleep deprivation...
Old 10-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
blaster00

Thanks for replay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3 View Post
SO your saying that 4.1.o irrespective of having other apps working like web browsers and the jdownloader FlashFXP still consumed all the available bandwidth and newer versions dont?
Pretty much. Other programs get as much as they can, flashfxp get the rest.

Quote:
Just to clarify I'm running the very latest 4.1.3 1660 build and flashFXP will use all bandwidth that remains if other application are not reserving any bandwidth which they tend to do normally.
I only saw 4.1.3 1658.

Quote:
Perhaps you would like to revisit your router and any QOS setting it may be applying or FlashFXP settings in Preferences>Connections (Network friendly Qos) to disabled.
Just looked and no QoS used.

Quote:
If you want max bandwidth WAN side to be available to FlashFXP you shouldn't be running any programs that reserve or lock a % of the bandwidth...

Just my 2 cents.
This is not the right solution I think.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

see this reply here

http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/80076-post23.html

Im a beta tester so I do get updates a lot faster Like beta code tha needs proper testing to iron out any issues before people like yourself dont have any or as many bugs, some actually are very serious bugs, but then again I work hard at beta testing and finding bugs.

It would be nice if yuo posted a ittle more information and did some exploration other than just posting a block of text stating something without offering much in ways of tangible evidence so that the developer can fix the issues better.

Use tools like itraffic monitor made by Charles as well...

Last edited by X3; 10-16-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:29 AM   #6
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

please read my last post and click on the link Did bandwidth control changed since flashfxp 4.1.2/4.1.3

Obviously I presumed that you talking about WAN upload speeds since LAN upload speeds are not affected by other running applications (usually unless there's a bug somewhere) such as browsers or Download managers etc,
Old 10-17-2011, 07:21 AM   #7
blaster00

Actually I am talking about WAN download speed. Can't put any log or pic right now. Maybe I should just wait for next build to see if there is any change, and rule out net problems.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #8
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

if you talking download speed depends where your downloading from...

And your also assuming straight away this is a bug, if it is a bug your not presenting any useful information to even attempt to resolve the problem or duplicate it or try to see if its your computer or if its something else.

Again you dont offer much in the way of explanation what server your trying to download from and have you tried others.

Not all servers allow you full speed, specially ones you have no control over, many server will cap your speed, or them selves only have a finite amount of bandwidth for e.g server can has total 100MB/s link speed, also how much bandwidth its available to it depending if they have unlimited bandwidth or not, if 50 people all downloading from same fTP server your not gonna get that 100MB/s anymore....

also bandwidth !=download speed.

I will test the download speed fro different FTP servers and see what I can see.

Last edited by X3; 10-17-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #9
blaster00

Please click on the Thumbnail.
flashfxp bandwidth

system bandwidth
Old 10-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #10
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I'm sorry but neither of those are any valid information that is usable...

we need session logs, what server your connecting to your a speedtest would be nice to estimate how much you claim your loosing etc...

so far you shown little or nothing, I spent 16 hours testing all sorts, and I dont get paid for this. look at this http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/80076-post23.html

I tested uload via wan I found nothing wrong, Bigstar is aware of this topic, and besides the extremely low upload speed I get full download speed from any FTP server like my ISP or a friends HOSTED FTP server....

and further

That maxed out my download speed as per the previous link where you can see my speed test.

Please try to provide information that is relevant.

Tags
bandwidth, flashfxp, left, net, running

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: