Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 05:16 AM   #1
Ales_
FlashFXP Registered User

Default No Log files

Hi,
I'm not able to find the problem why no log files are created with scheduling tasks. I encountered the same problem on version 4.0 and now on 4.1.
Even when I change the log path to be on the same disk as the transferred files.
It's not a big problem when all transfers are ok, but when there's errors, I receive an email with all path files but in the directory there's no file.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance,
Ales

* FlashFXP v4.1, build 1648, [X]registered, [ ]unregistered, [?]pirated
* OS Vista
* Running behind hardware router/firewall [ ] Yes & Model [ ], [X] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running software firewall [X] Yes, Name [Windows 7 Firewall], Ver. [3], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [ ] Yes, Name [ ] or [X] No
* Internet Connection [X] DSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Other(specify)

Last edited by Ales_; 09-18-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Hello,

Can you please provide us with a screenshot of the logging settings in the Preferences dialog and a screenshot of the scheduled task logging tab. Thanks
Old 09-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
Ales_
FlashFXP Registered User

Default No log files

Thanks for answer, you will find the screens in attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
No Log files-logprefs-jpg   No Log files-logtabtask-jpg  
Old 09-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I reviewed the screen shots and I do not see anything that would create this problem.

I also set my configuration to use identical settings and the logs were created without any problems.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps FlashFXP doesn't the proper write access/permissions to the folder you set to store the log files?
Old 10-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
sephvbc
FlashFXP Registered User

I just encountered this issue and realized that "Enable Global Logging" must be on in Options --> Preferences --> General --> Logging in order for the Scheduled logs to write.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephvbc View Post
I just encountered this issue and realized that "Enable Global Logging" must be on in Options --> Preferences --> General --> Logging in order for the Scheduled logs to write.
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, there is a defect that prevents logging when global logging is turned off and "store logs in unique session folders" is checked. As a result FlashFXP fails to create the session folder for the scheduled task which in turn causes logging to fail.

This will be addressed in the next release.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
sephvbc
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, there is a defect that prevents logging when global logging is turned off and "store logs in unique session folders" is checked. As a result FlashFXP fails to create the session folder for the scheduled task which in turn causes logging to fail.

This will be addressed in the next release.
Just for reference, I did not have "Store logs in unique session folders" checked. In fact, nothing on the Logging section was checked and all the other controls were dithered. The scheduled job was able to create a folder for the logs without a problem (%AppData%\FlashFXP\4\Logs\Schedule\schedulename\) , but it never wrote logs until I enabled it globally.

I noticed today after it successfully ran that it created a unique session folder anyway, even though that option is unchecked. The folder name was the date/time (2011-10-03_23.45.01).

4.1.1 (build 1651) is what I am using.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I have released an update that should resolve the problem, please let me know if you still experience problems with task logging.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
Ales_
FlashFXP Registered User

Ok, with this last version that's nice !

Thanks.
Ales
Closed Thread

Tags
files, flashfxp, problem, running, [x]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: