Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
ecksteinn
Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 32
Default FlashFXP 4.1 build 1548 stable

I experience problems since a very few latest releases in combination with actual raidenftpd and implicit and explicit SSL/TLS and binary file uploads

FFXP hangs and freezes
ecksteinn is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
mats_k
Junior Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Two issues
1. Is it possible to change the order of how to present the data in the program-header?
Now the presentation seem to be (I have attached a picture)
speed queue % filename

2. When the flashfxp is not maximized I have a very irritaded flickering behaviour of the presentation.
If flashfxp is maximized then the flickering is not available.

FYI:
Win7 x64 sp1
flashfxp 1648

Attached picture for issue 1 and issue 2
Attached Thumbnails
FlashFXP 4.1 build 1548 stable-top_flicker-jpg  
mats_k is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksteinn View Post
I experience problems since a very few latest releases in combination with actual raidenftpd and implicit and explicit SSL/TLS and binary file uploads

FFXP hangs and freezes
The only thing I can think of that may of caused this is when we updated the OpenSSL dlls to the latest release. We haven't touched the FTP SSL/TLS code for many builds now, that code was finalized awhile back.

I used to have a license key for raidenftpd but it appears I've misplaced it, I've contacted the raiden team but I'm not sure how long it might take before I have a replacement key. As soon as I am able to test raidenftpd I will do so.

If you could provide me with a test account on a raidenftpd server that would be a huge help, if this is possible please send me a private message.
bigstar is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mats_k View Post
Two issues
1. Is it possible to change the order of how to present the data in the program-header?
Now the presentation seem to be (I have attached a picture)
speed queue % filename

2. When the flashfxp is not maximized I have a very irritaded flickering behaviour of the presentation.
If flashfxp is maximized then the flickering is not available.

FYI:
Win7 x64 sp1
flashfxp 1648

Attached picture for issue 1 and issue 2
Yes you can customize the taskbar caption during file transfers, this setting can be configured via the Preferences dialog > Transfer > Taskbar Caption

Do you have visual themes turned off for FlashFXP in Windows 7? Based on your screenshot it appears you do. This can create unnecessary flickering, the only solution would be to turn visual themes back on for FlashFXP.

Enabling any unnecessary compatibility settings for FlashFXP under Windows Vista or Windows 7 can cause unexpected and unpredictable results.

If the flicker is limited to a specific part of the FlashFXP window can you please explain where the flicker occurs and what you're doing at the time.
bigstar is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
mats_k
Junior Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Yes you can customize the taskbar caption during file transfers, this setting can be configured via the Preferences dialog > Transfer > Taskbar Caption

Do you have visual themes turned off for FlashFXP in Windows 7? Based on your screenshot it appears you do. This can create unnecessary flickering, the only solution would be to turn visual themes back on for FlashFXP.

Enabling any unnecessary compatibility settings for FlashFXP under Windows Vista or Windows 7 can cause unexpected and unpredictable results.

If the flicker is limited to a specific part of the FlashFXP window can you please explain where the flicker occurs and what you're doing at the time.
Ok thanks for the quick reply.
I just downloaded the 4.1 stable version and upgraded from the earlier stable 4.0.
Then the Interface/Toolbar for both the
- Main buttons and
- Navigation Buttons
changed from old classic to new tango.
I just changed back to the classic style .
Even if I try to import my old 4.0 settings I get tango for the "Main buttons and Navigation buttons"

After some other tweaks the flickering has disappeared.
And I am back to the way I had it before the upgrade....
mats_k is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mats_k View Post
Then the Interface/Toolbar for both the
- Main buttons and
- Navigation Buttons
That is correct, in 4.1 we promoted the tango theme as default, since this has become default, when importing or upgrading from 4.0 it will always use tango, the only way to override/change this is to manually select the classic buttons.
bigstar is offline  
Old 09-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksteinn View Post
I experience problems since a very few latest releases in combination with actual raidenftpd and implicit and explicit SSL/TLS and binary file uploads

FFXP hangs and freezes
I finally had a chance to test with RaidenFTPD v2.4 build 3903 (2011/9/19) and I was not able to reproduce the issue. What version of Windows are you using?
bigstar is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 06:00 AM   #8
TuSSy
Junior Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5
Default

Hello,
i am having issues transfering files from SSL or not FTP servers.
This started after build 1625 (Which works if installed)
if i install build 1640 or any version after that one i can not transfer (UL or DL) any files.

When the transfer is started, a few ko do come through and thet ffxp just throws that broken pipe error and tries to resume.

if i reinstall the build 1625 then all is back to normal.


Log from a SSL site:
[L] PASV
[L] 227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,195,184)
[L] Opening data connection IP: xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx PORT: 50104
[L] RETR e-aca.r00
[L] Connected. Negotiating TLSv1 session
[L] 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for e-aca.r00 (50000000 bytes) using SSL/TLS.
[L] TLSv1 negotiation successful...
[L] TLSv1 encrypted session using cipher DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA (256 bits)
Transfer Timed Out
[L] 426 Data connection: Broken pipe.
[L] Transfer Failed!

log from a local FTP server running on the same machine as FFxp:
[L] PASV
[L] 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,2,5,165)
[L] Opening data connection IP: 192.168.1.2 PORT: 1445
[L] RETR abs-ttkh.bin
[L] 150-Let's go for it...
[L] 150 Sending /abs-ttkh.bin (777016128 bytes). Mode STREAM Type BINARY
Transfer Timed Out
[L] 426 Connection closed (exception : An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. )
[L] Transfer Failed!

Last edited by TuSSy; 09-21-2011 at 06:06 AM.
TuSSy is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuSSy View Post
Hello,
i am having issues transfering files from SSL or not FTP servers.
This started after build 1625 (Which works if installed)
if i install build 1640 or any version after that one i can not transfer (UL or DL) any files.

When the transfer is started, a few ko do come through and thet ffxp just throws that broken pipe error and tries to resume.

if i reinstall the build 1625 then all is back to normal.


Log from a SSL site:
[L] PASV
[L] 227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,195,184)
[L] Opening data connection IP: xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx PORT: 50104
[L] RETR e-aca.r00
[L] Connected. Negotiating TLSv1 session
[L] 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for e-aca.r00 (50000000 bytes) using SSL/TLS.
[L] TLSv1 negotiation successful...
[L] TLSv1 encrypted session using cipher DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA (256 bits)
Transfer Timed Out
[L] 426 Data connection: Broken pipe.
[L] Transfer Failed!

log from a local FTP server running on the same machine as FFxp:
[L] PASV
[L] 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,2,5,165)
[L] Opening data connection IP: 192.168.1.2 PORT: 1445
[L] RETR abs-ttkh.bin
[L] 150-Let's go for it...
[L] 150 Sending /abs-ttkh.bin (777016128 bytes). Mode STREAM Type BINARY
Transfer Timed Out
[L] 426 Connection closed (exception : An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. )
[L] Transfer Failed!
Can you please give me the values for the following settings in the Preference dialog

In the section Transfer > Options Stalled transfers

[ ] Restart transfer if no data is transferred for [ ] seconds

In the section Connection

TCP/IP Buffer Size

Send [ ]

Receive [ ]
bigstar is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 03:45 PM   #10
spudgun
Junior Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 26
Default

Couple of things that I've noticed in 4.1 (they may have also been present in previous builds)

1) I get loads of MLST errors on every upload (fxp in)

[L] 200 Command okay
[L] MLST [filename removed]
[L] 250- Begin
[L] type=file;size=5778968;modify=20110921223647.696;u nix.owner=[removed];unix.group=[removed];x.slaves=[removed];x.xfertime=-[filename removed]
[L] 250 End.
[R] TYPE I
[R] 200 Command okay
[R] MLST [filename removed]
[R] 550 Requested action not taken. File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)

2) Live update appears in the status window every day even though i've got it not to check for any kind of update

Any idea of what I can do to deal with these 2 issues?

Many thanks

Spud
spudgun is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #11
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

1. This is the normal behavior, FlashFXP will use the SIZE or MLST command to determine if the file exists before uploading. You can disable this feature by unchecking the option "Request file size/date prior to transfer" in the File Transfer Rules dialog, however by doing this you will reduce accuracy of the file transfer rules and increase the likelihood of the wrong rule being used.

2. At the moment the update check cannot be turned off, we will be allowing users to disable it in a future release.
bigstar is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #12
spudgun
Junior Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 26
Default

Thank you very much for your helpful reply
spudgun is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #13
jharmen
Junior Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2
Default

Since i updated to the newest version 4.1.0 1648 my download speeds are way slower then when i use 4.0.0 1548. I can't find the reason why, anyone got a idea ?
jharmen is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #14
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharmen View Post
Since i updated to the newest version 4.1.0 1648 my download speeds are way slower then when i use 4.0.0 1548. I can't find the reason why, anyone got a idea ?
Can you please answer the following questions.

Windows version:

Software firewall brand/version:

System CPU and memory:

Type of internet connection (dsl/cable/etc) as well as the speed:

What speed do you see with 4.0 and now with 4.1:

What is the "connection type" for the site profile:

When transferring files with the FTP protocol there is a feature called MODE Z that performs stream compression on the file transfer, is it enabled? This can be determined by reviewing the server session status window.

Also the transfer speed reported in 4.0 was not very accurate, the method used to calculate the speed was changed in 4.1 which may also skew the result, its best to measure the speed externally if possible when comparing 4.0 to 4.1.
bigstar is offline  
Old 09-22-2011, 03:04 AM   #15
TuSSy
Junior Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Can you please give me the values for the following settings in the Preference dialog

In the section Transfer > Options Stalled transfers

[not enabled ] Restart transfer if no data is transferred for [60] seconds

In the section Connection

TCP/IP Buffer Size

Send []

Receive []
Here are my settings
In the section Transfer > Options Stalled transfers

[Disabled] Restart transfer if no data is transferred for [60] seconds

In the section Connection

TCP/IP Buffer Size

Send [1024]

Receive [1024]
TuSSy is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
actual, explicit, flashfxp, implicit, raidenftpd

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.

Parts of this site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Ltd. (Details)