Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Default Preserve File Date

v4.0, I'm using the Preserve File Date option for a site, but it's disabling itself. What happens is the server returns an error for the first MDTM command and then Flash never sends another for any file. The problem is the server is configured to allow the MDTM command for some sections and not others, so I'd really like Flash to keep trying because depending on the path it will sometimes work...

My guess is the current behavior is probably the correct one most of the time. Perhaps on the Preserve File Date a new option with something like MDTM, UTIME, AUTO would be one way to solve this. Auto would figure out which command to send, or disable itself if errors returned on the first transfer, but selecting one of the other 2 would always send the command...
Old 05-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

There appears to be a bug in the command selection and I noticed it on your ioFTPD test server.

There are 3 possible commands for setting the file date/time.

MFMT
MDTM
SITE UTIME

They are used in this order based on several observations.

MFMT is only used if its found in the FEAT reply.

MDTM is used if its found in the FEAT reply and if the previous MDTM was successful OR if MDTM YYYYMMDDHHMMSS is found in the FEAT reply (this appears to be broken).

SITE UTIME is attempted in cases where MDTM fail but only if MFMT or MDTM YYYYMMDDHHMMSS isn't in the FEAT reply and only if the previous SITE UTIME was successful.

Servers that support setting the date/time via MDTM typically have MDTM YYYYMMDDHHMMSS in the FEAT reply but not all of them do which is why we try MDTM and then disable it on failure; on the other hand if MDTM YYYYMMDDHHMMSS was in the FEAT reply MDTM shouldn't be disabled and SITE UTIME shouldn't be tried. (this last part is broken in the latest 4.1 beta)
Old 05-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I have posted build 1569 via LiveUpdate, this new build should resolve the issue.
Closed Thread

Tags
command, date, file, mdtm, preserve

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: