Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #1
royds
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Pre-sales question

Hi,

I'm looking in purchasing flashfxp as it looks like a gr8 and simple program to use, but I'm a litle unsure about the 'lifetime software licenses', will this purchase be TOTALLY lifetime or will you be withdrawing it at anytime and if you do will you still support the users who bought it under the lifetime upgrades / updates so they can get the updates/upgrades for free ?

Just I've bought software before that came with lifetime updates/upgrades for lifetime and after 3 - 4 years down the track it was withdrawn and they informed that everyone would have to pay for the upgrades/updates, but they would get a discount - as you can imagine this made all users angry. (won't name anyone)

So as you can understand I'm a little sceptical purchasing anything that comes with a lifetime update/upgrades for free.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Customers who purchase a life time license will always receive updates and upgrades to all future releases of FlashFXP.

In the unlikely event that we decide to change our licensing policy in the future, all existing customers will continue to receive a life time of updates. A new licensing policy would only apply to customers who purchased FlashFXP after the policy change.

We do not plan to do away with our life time licensing as we believe that customers should not be charged for fixes, improvements, or new features.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #3
royds
FlashFXP Registered User

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Just as I said before I bought some software before with a lifetime upgrades and last year they decided to change their policy and that if you wanted to upgrade you were given a 10 - 20% discount on the latest version. As you can imagine it caused a lot of complaints.

I'm happy to see you've got a better policy for your customers
Old 03-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

FlashFXP have been offering this for the last 13+ years now..

Tags
bought, flashfxp, lifetime, purchasing, software

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: