Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
brandvegn

Exclamation Custom User Interface plugin Raised Exception

FlashFXP v[4 ].[0 ], build [1540 ], [X]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [X] WinXP, [] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [X] Yes & Model [Netgear WNDR3700], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [X] Yes, Name [ ], Ver. [ ], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [X] Yes, Name [Avast Free Edition] or [ ] No
* Network [X] xDSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

When trying to install on my fresh install of XP, I get this:

Custom User Interface plugin Raised Exception On Event EV_SHOWDIALOGS

and then it quits the install. I have updated my Internet Exlorer because I saw someone eklse had problems with this and another program (not FlashFXP) and said it was the problem. This is not the case for me.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Do you see any windows of the installation or do you immediately get this error?

Do you have service pack 3 installed along with all updates?

I tested the installer on Windows XP with service pack 3 and all updates and I was unable to reproduce this error.

Which version of Windows XP do you have?
Old 02-28-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
brandvegn

I just found 3.6 and I am using it now. I have Windows XP Professional and all updates through SP3. I will check Windows update for more and maybe throw Net Framework on for the heck of it. I am a registered user and have been since 2004, so I am using authorized software and this is not the problem. One thing that might be the problem is I have a dual install on the same disk. My XP install is located on 'D'. I may have to get rid of Windows 7 (which at this point and time I see no reason to keep. It has literally lead to more nightmares than anything else) and just make the Windows XP install 'C'. This may cure some issues. I have a problem installing ATI drivers for my video card as well, so since these are pretty much the only installs I have attempted besides the motherboard drivers, Spybot, Ccleaner and Avast, I would say there is something to that. 3.6 is working flawlessly right now. I will stick with it until I have time to do an install on the 'C'

Sorry. To answer the first question you asked and clarify my answer for the second, It begins the install process, but within a few seconds the error pops up and the install is aborted. 32 Bit version of Windows XP Professional

Last edited by brandvegn; 02-28-2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 11-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
sw33t

Hy,
Same thing for me with wine..
It was all right till build 1648, but after that all updates are giving me:
"Custom User Interface plugin raised exception on event EV_SHOWDIALOGS" message"

FlashFXP v[4 ].[1.0 ], build [1668 ], [X]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [] WinXP, [] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [X] Other (Debian Linux->Wine~WinXP SP1)
* Running behind NAT/router [X] Yes & Model [D-LINK DI524UP], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running Antivirus [] Yes, Name [] or [X] No

Old 11-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw33t View Post
Hy,
Same thing for me with wine..
It was all right till build 1648, but after that all updates are giving me:
"Custom User Interface plugin raised exception on event EV_SHOWDIALOGS" message"

FlashFXP v[4 ].[1.0 ], build [1668 ], [X]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [] WinXP, [] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [X] Other (Debian Linux->Wine~WinXP SP1)
* Running behind NAT/router [X] Yes & Model [D-LINK DI524UP], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running Antivirus [] Yes, Name [] or [X] No
I tested wine-1.3.32 on Ubuntu 11.10 but was not able to find any problems with the installer. I have also tested older releases of wine in the past and not seen any issues.

Does wine report any errors in the console window that might help shed some light on this?
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, install, plugin, running, [x]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: