Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
Jerky_san
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Better compatibility to linux

I download a lot from a linux server.. For the first time I download a folder with like character like a : in it. It will download correctly. The next time I tell it to download the folder to get the "updates" in the folder it fails. When it downloads initially it puts a _ but after that it just forgets it ever did it and refuses to download unless I change the : to a _.

Another thing that happens is apparently linux allows for "..." in its file names so say I download a folder called reports... (don't ask me an idiot named a folder this) I can no longer delete the folder because it is called something windows doesn't recognize but flashfxp will still transfer a folder with invalid file names even though its on a windows platform.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

"..." is allowed on windows and should be no problem
read http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/genera...e-posting.html
Old 12-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
Jerky_san
FlashFXP Registered User

* FlashFXP v[4].[ 0], build [1502 ], [X ]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [X ] Windows 7, [ ] Vista, [ ] WinXP, [ ] Other (specify)
* Running behind hardware router/firewall [X DD-WRT ] Yes & Model [ ], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running software firewall [X ] Yes, Name [ ], Ver. [ ], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [X ] Yes, Name [ ] or [ ] No
* Internet Connection [ ] DSL, [X ] CABLE, [ ] Other(specify)

Well truthfully I didn't think I needed to fill out that form since I put it in suggestions.. And no windows doesn't deal with ... in folder names try making a folder called reports.... and see what happens. On windows 7 it simply erases it.. on server you can go into it but not delete it.. claims its not there anymore..
Old 12-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

How are you downloading the folder the first time vs the second time?

If I queue a folder that contains files/folders with invalid names the invalid characters are automatically replaced with "_" I attempted to reproduce this issue but regardless of file transfer the naming conversion always occurred, even when the folder/file already exists.

I was not aware that the windows file system doesn't allow folders/files with "..." at the end

I will revise my character replacement to strip dots at the end of the filename as stated by the MSDN article entitled Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces (Windows)
Quote:
* Do not end a file or directory name with a space or a period. Although the underlying file system may support such names, the Windows shell and user interface does not. However, it is acceptable to specify a period as the first character of a name. For example, ".temp".
Old 12-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
Jerky_san
FlashFXP Registered User

Ok nvm on the : thing it was fixed I guess in 4.0 after I updated to it.. I didn't notice there was an upgrade till I was looking around here for a little.. In the older versions it will fail on folders with : in it.. So guess my problems are solved if you all will be changing the "...". Thanks for the help.
Closed Thread

Tags
called, download, flashfxp, folder, linux

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: