Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 01:15 AM   #1
jenolan

Default Site-to-Site

I know about fxp. The problem is that behind multiple NAT and firewalls even if the ftp server is FXP capable it will not work.

What I need is something that will allow me to 'connect' to my server with a nice gui, then connect to another server via ftp and be able to do ftp transfers from server to server. Obviously I would need to run something on my server to accomplish this and I realise it would be a new tool and would quite happily pay for it .. a web based thing like web2ftp will do this but it doesn't provide a side by side interface like FlashFXP I know I am spoiled

Thanks,
Larry
Old 06-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Sometimes using an external proxy server can get site to site transfers to work through the NAT and firewalls.

Another solution if you have administrative access to the ftp servers is to enable SSL/TLS, by having the control channel encrypted the NAT and firewalls are unable to perform their NAT magic which then allows site to site transfers to work.

A final solution that may work depending on your NAT and firewalls is to run the FTP server on a non-standard port.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

or if one of your servers is running windows, install flashfxp there and run it directly from the server.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
jenolan

Thanks for that info .. but the 'problem' is that most hosting companies don't have the ftp servers setup to allow fxp.

Thanks
Larry
Closed Thread

Tags
connect, flashfxp, ftp, fxp, server

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: